• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Cassie-O

When a non WIS purchase makes you happy ....

43 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Fearne_7127DW57_MultiColoured_angle_720x

these for casual

Image result for barker shoes red and black

these for posh

Image result for barker shoes red and black

I've just been into my local Asda, I went to see the seasonal aisle and discovered the Father's Day range is now out.  First of all I saw a OFAH Rodney mug, which I'm not fussed about, obviously didn't buy one of those.  Then a Del Boy one, but I already bought several of them before Christmas.  Next, a chilli sauce set, which doesn't do much for me as it's only a cardboard picture of Del, but then my eye caught something completely new to me on the shelf, a new Del Boy biscuit tin!  Only two on the shelf so it would have been rude not to buy the two just incase they don't get any more stock.  :rolleyes:  Also, if anyone needs inspiration for a gift, head to your local Aldi on Sunday to buy a talking Del, Rodders or Uncle Albert.  I don't know why they are only selling them now, I've had mine since late January/early February from the official OFAH shop.  :laughing2dw:  Back to today's purchase, I know you're all desperate to see so, I'll post a picture to treat you all...:whistle: :laughing2dw:

0YzZ4hp.jpg?1 

His eyes look a bit dodgy in the picture, but trust me they are perfect for me.  :king:

28 minutes ago, The Mystery Bidder said:

His eyes look a bit dodgy in the picture, but trust me they are perfect for me.  :king:

Sure that's not Reg ?

22b4f5b082ea6927cd558ef4f9b1aff9?width=1

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 04/06/2019 at 17:12, The Mystery Bidder said:

0YzZ4hp.jpg?1  His eyes look a bit dodgy in the picture, but trust me they are perfect for me.  :king:

It's obviously a copy of this pic....

Image result for del trotter

Just a shame the Chinese can't rip off an image accurately....the top one looks like something out of Wallace and Gromit..ie. made of Plasticine...:laughing2dw:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Just a shame the Chinese can't rip off an image accurately....the top one looks like something out of Wallace and Gromit..ie. made of Plasticine...:laughing2dw:

If you look at it from a different angle, he's perfect.  :smiling-face-with-heart-eyes:

Just now, The Mystery Bidder said:

If you look at it from a different angle, he's perfect.  :smiling-face-with-heart-eyes:

What?....upside down and back to front?....Seriously, Cass...take them back for a refund. :yes:

• Sad 1

Just now, Roger the Dodger said:

What?....upside down and back to front?....Seriously, Cass...take them back for a refund. :yes:

A what, a refund?  My Del?  No way Pedro!  :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, The Mystery Bidder said:

A what, a refund?  My Del?  No way Pedro!  :thumbsup:

Immediately springing to mind....:thumbs_up:

Image result for specsavers

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Immediately springing to mind....:thumbs_up:

Image result for specsavers

Cheeky bu@@er!  :laughing2dw:  I've taken another picture, from a different angle. Looks better? :thumbsup:

J04UX5L.jpg

Edited by The Mystery Bidder
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, The Mystery Bidder said:

Cheeky bu@@er!  :laughing2dw:  I've taken another picture, from a different angle. Looks better? :thumbsup:

J04UX5L.jpg

Just hang on while I get my 'special' glasses...it might make a difference...

large.bug-eye-specs.jpg.feea02685ffa8f1986f01b5328148b18.jpg

7 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

blimey rog do you never talk to the wife?

I'm not allowed to talk while East Coronation Dale is on, in fact I'm not even allowed in the same room. :rofl:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

large.bug-eye-specs.jpg.feea02685ffa8f1986f01b5328148b18.jpg

I'm not allowed to talk while East Coronation Dale is on, in fact I'm not even allowed in the same room. :rofl:

surely thats a good thing?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I'm happy with it!  :clap:

8 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Is she allowed to talk when Felicity Kendal or Sue Holderness is on?  :laughing2dw:  You'll need to start watching "Still Open All Hours", as Sue has become a regular customer now!  Filming is in progress.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Mystery Bidder said:

I'm happy with it!  :clap:

Is she allowed to talk when Felicity Kendal or Sue Holderness is on?  :laughing2dw:  You'll need to start watching "Still Open All Hours", as Sue has become a regular customer now!  Filming is in progress.  :thumbsup:

what about when match of the day is on or the news? 

• Confused 1

Purchasing this map about 16 years ago made me very happy.

It is the first map of the Witwatersrand Goldfield dated February 1887

The goldfield was discovered by George Harrison in February or March 1886 although at the time the significance wasn't truly appreciated as the initial geological interpretation was that the pebbly rock was from an old river and would have no depth (how wrong they were with mines to the west of this map operating at 4000 metres depth). In May 1886 Harrison entered into a prospecting agreement with the owner of the farm Langlaagte and was awarded a discoverer's claim by the Transvaal government who declared the diggings public in September 1886. Harrison sold his claim for £10 and was never heard of again! Millions of dollars of gold were on his claim!

The first plots for the new town of Johannesburg were auctioned in December 1886 and the rest is history.

The red blocks on the map were the claims in February 1887 and interesting to note that the name of the goldfield was given as the Pretoria and Heidelberg goldfield, the names of the nearest towns, given Johannesburg was just a few shacks at this time.

I don't know of another of these maps in private hands although I am sure there will be a few somewhere. not sure what I am going to do with it mind you, its just one of those things that made me happy :biggrin:

witsmap.jpg

• Like 3

On 06/06/2019 at 20:41, The Mystery Bidder said:

She's not allowed in my TV room when I'm watching my vintage comedy programmes. :wicked:

• Haha 1

On 06/06/2019 at 21:30, JoT said:

Purchasing this map about 16 years ago made me very happy.

It is the first map of the Witwatersrand Goldfield dated February 1887

The goldfield was discovered by George Harrison in February or March 1886 although at the time the significance wasn't truly appreciated as the initial geological interpretation was that the pebbly rock was from an old river and would have no depth (how wrong they were with mines to the west of this map operating at 4000 metres depth). In May 1886 Harrison entered into a prospecting agreement with the owner of the farm Langlaagte and was awarded a discoverer's claim by the Transvaal government who declared the diggings public in September 1886. Harrison sold his claim for £10 and was never heard of again! Millions of dollars of gold were on his claim!

The first plots for the new town of Johannesburg were auctioned in December 1886 and the rest is history.

The red blocks on the map were the claims in February 1887 and interesting to note that the name of the goldfield was given as the Pretoria and Heidelberg goldfield, the names of the nearest towns, given Johannesburg was just a few shacks at this time.

I don't know of another of these maps in private hands although I am sure there will be a few somewhere. not sure what I am going to do with it mind you, its just one of those things that made me happy :biggrin:

witsmap.jpg

This is me a long time ago sat on the Main Reef at George Harrison's discovery claim on Langlaagte 

large.Langlaagte_Witwatersrand_Goldfields_Discovery_Outcrop.jpg.676f40259d452b975683544797d3fd00.jpg

• Like 3

Its cars with me, but you all know that, a new car always makes me happy, as i grow older though Im finding that watches might be taking as much precedence in my affections, to the point i put them first. Cars whatever they are seems to have become a bit ubiquitous which is why i got one that would be fast and exciting and slip seamlessly into life.

im following in the footsteps of @BondandBigM he seems to know what he is doing. No more Maserati. 

• Like 2

I blame @JoT for this purchase, I'm hooked on it!  I couldn't wait for Forces TV to show them all!  :thumbsup:

vMZta5G.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Mystery Bidder said:

I blame @JoT for this purchase, I'm hooked on it!  I couldn't wait for Forces TV to show them all!  :thumbsup:

vMZta5G.jpg

Glad I could help! 24 discs, that will keep you going for a while :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

It's arrived even before it's official release!  :clap:

Dv55dR1.jpg

yTNUJiF.jpg

25 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Have you played it yet?

Of course!  I tried to see if The Butler would let me buy some of the properties before landing on them, but it's against the rules apparently!  :laughing2dw:  

• Haha 1

Just now, Cassie-O said:

Of course!  I tried to see if The Butler would let me buy some of the properties before landing on them, but it's against the rules apparently!  :laughing2dw:  

I thought you might have kept it wrapped up in its cellophane as a mint example...never to be used in anger. :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I thought you might have kept it wrapped up in its cellophane as a mint example...never to be used in anger. :laughing2dw:

I had to open it.  :yes:  I've moved the Community Chest cards ever so slightly to cover Raquel's face.  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1