• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Busy week:

So, new arrival in the postbox today:

8UNnYH.jpg

8UP8Ir.jpg

Simple little Accurist Miyota auto which was looking all unloved and unwanted on ebay Sunday night. Really quite pleased, dressy enough to be smart, simple enough to be wearable everyday. More to come this week though, I got sucked in by all the sale activity:blush:

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Well done on the CW; I nearly bought one of those myself but managed to resist!  I did buy one of the aforementioned Accurists a few years ago though; great little watches those.  I got the similar gold-plated MS906S version.  RRP £200 on Accurist's web site but somehow Amazon were selling them for pocket money.  It was rude not to buy one!

accurist-ms906s_3.jpg

accurist-ms906s_mvt.jpg

accurist-ms906s_2.jpg

Mine's still on the original (rather cheap) strap but a change to a more luxurious one would really lift the watch to a new level I reckon.  Hmm, I can feel a change to one of my favourite Ostrich straps coming on.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rhaythorne said:

Well done on the CW; I nearly bought one of those myself but managed to resist!  I did buy one of the aforementioned Accurists a few years ago though; great little watches those.  I got the similar gold-plated MS906S version.  RRP £200 on Accurist's web site but somehow Amazon were selling them for pocket money.  It was rude not to buy one!

Mine's still on the original (rather cheap) strap but a change to a more luxurious one would really lift the watch to a new level I reckon.  Hmm, I can feel a change to one of my favourite Ostrich straps coming on.

Thanks, yes that yet another brown mock croc is definitely for the chop, I was cruising the 'bay for a suitable replacement last night. Looked in my spare straps drawer and surprise surprise it was full of all the other mock crocs off everything else I've bought recently!! What is the obsession so many manufacturers have with the things?

• Like 1

Aaaand the DX man cometh also. This is the one I pulled the trigger on moments before the CW sale link went up the other night. H Samuel have them on a deal again:

8c1kQk.jpg

So obviously given all the consternation elsewhere on the forum today, the first thing I did was take the bracelet off - just to see how hard it could be.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

Simple little Accurist Miyota auto which was looking all unloved and unwanted on ebay Sunday night. Really quite pleased, dressy enough to be smart, simple enough to be wearable everyday. More to come this week though, I got sucked in by all the sale activity

I like that a lot, nice patterned dial :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

I've only had three incoming this week, and I do this for a living!  Congrats

You mean you make a living..? I thought you were an excentric millionaire doing it for the love..

On 04/07/2018 at 12:16, Perlative Cernometer said:

Thanks, yes that yet another brown mock croc is definitely for the chop, I was cruising the 'bay for a suitable replacement last night. Looked in my spare straps drawer and surprise surprise it was full of all the other mock crocs off everything else I've bought recently!! What is the obsession so many manufacturers have with the things?

I ordered one of my favourite Ostrich straps from Sec Time yesterday afternoon and it arrived this morning :thumbsup:

accurist-ms906s-ostrich%2020180707.jpg

Hard to believe the strap cost nearly as much as the watch!  It looks and feels like it should be a few hundred quids-worth :laugh:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rhaythorne said:

I ordered one of my favourite Ostrich straps from Sec Time yesterday afternoon and it arrived this morning :thumbsup:

accurist-ms906s-ostrich%2020180707.jpg

Hard to believe the strap cost nearly as much as the watch!  It looks and feels like it should be a few hundred quids-worth :laugh:

Looks great on the ostrich. Had a few straps from Sectime and been good for me too.

Feel like this one hasn't had the love this week, Bulova is definitely staying on its bracelet But this CW needs some strappage too. Lovely looking watch as it came but I'm not convinced by the sandy coloured strap, seems a touch too pale for me:

8cwwc1.jpg

I have a very similar looking Hanowa I like on a slightly darker strap so have swapped that on for now, but with CW banging on about their classic motorsport inspirations I've ordered up a rally type strap to try on it when it turns up.

8cwyZc.jpg

8cw5sK.jpg

• Like 2