• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jonesinamillion

Tudor black bay - talk me out of it!

On 04/10/2018 at 13:47, Jonesinamillion said:

Strolled past the AD and had a peek in the window at it today (Moody's in Nantwich), didn't dare go in for fear of making a purchase but I fear it's only a matter of time :(....

Look out for a pre-owned model, regularly come up on TZUK

They are too nice not to have one mind :rolleyes:

large.P3240160s.jpg.e648eaa24a262c322d12cfc4ea2f3112.jpg

large.P3240162s.jpg.2fc554a03c5b89c9327782279b63ca0a.jpg

2 hours ago, YouCantHaveTooManyWatches said:

Brilliant. 

You know it males sense. 

It really doesn't though does it! :laugh:

Was out with a couple of friends (none of my mates are "watchy") and they simply cannot comprehend spending this ammount of money on a watch... I'd have to agree!*

*but it is bloody nice 

2 minutes ago, Jonesinamillion said:

Was out with a couple of friends (none of my mates are "watchy") and they simply cannot comprehend spending this ammount of money on a watch... I'd have to agree!*

I never disclose what I pay for watches. It's easier that way. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I typically wouldn't either but one was my brother, he's persistent and I can't lie to him... His guesses started at "about two hundred quid"

13 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

As I said to my wife ,don’t ask questions you might not like the answers to:wicked:

Just over a month of ownership so my thoughts so far, very simply...

I love wearing it.

I love just looking at it.

It's very understated, goes unnoticed.

Quality & finish is exceptional.

Crown & bezel action / feel is sublime.

Regrets...

It cost an effing lot of money.

Should have got the bracelet AND the leather, will cost a fortune in retrospect :(

IMG_20181021_115329

Edited by Jonesinamillion
  • Like 2

Love love love those snowflake hands. If take a Tudor over a Rolex any and every day of the week. Mercedes hands make me puke.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

The forum comprehensively failed to talk you out of it then?

I love it that a watch enthusiast posts on a forum full of watch enthusiasts, regarding a watch that's widely viewed as a modern classic asking to be dissuaded from purchasing said watch. We all knew how this would end.

Lovely watch though :thumbsup:

On 04/10/2018 at 14:20, IBM said:

My only negative is the thickness/depth.  Though that's still not enough to put me off buying the GMT.

It probably is a "poor mans" Rolex but who cares about that stigma. I have a 2002 Rolex GMT Pepsi, personally think the Tudor is superior. 

OOps, didn't realize I was catching up with two month old posts.  Just concurring with others that 

a) It's no longer a "poor man's Rolex," Tudor have come into their own in the last decade or more, and

b) I've heard it wears a bit chunky on some men's wrists, clearly the BB58 resolved that with the 39mm case size. :naughty: 

On 04/10/2018 at 16:19, it'salivejim said:

... It is a stunner though and if Tudor did a scaled down 38 or 39 version I'd be the first in the queue

Not sure the BB58 is a "scaled down version" (lots of gold and rose gold, a wee bit overdone for my taste), but they seem to be "getting the memo" about the "slab sides." 

On 20/10/2018 at 11:01, Jonesinamillion said:

Oops....

:clap: :yahoo:  "Oops" indeed. 

23 hours ago, Jonesinamillion said:

... Should have got the bracelet AND the leather, will cost a fortune in retrospect :(

:yes:  Impulse Buying Inc.  

46 minutes ago, Jonesinamillion said:

On the hunt for a bracelet, mailed the AD for a price.... Dreading the answer!

Perhaps as you JUST bought the watch they might do you the courtesy of a great deal on it? Crossed fingers for ya.... Perhaps you should ask about their new G10 nylon straps, too. For summer. 

Edited by Chromejob

26 minutes ago, Chromejob said:

OOps, didn't realize I was catching up with two month old posts.  Just concurring with others that 

a) It's no longer a "poor man's Rolex," Tudor have come into their own in the last decade or more, and

b) I've heard it wears a bit chunky on some men's wrists, clearly the BB58 resolved that with the 39mm case size. :naughty: 

Not sure the BB58 is a "scaled down version" (lots of gold and rose gold, a wee bit overdone for my taste), but they seem to be "getting the memo" about the "slab sides." 

:clap: :yahoo:  "Oops" indeed. 

:yes:  Impulse Buying Inc.  

Perhaps as you JUST bought the watch they might do you the courtesy of a great deal on it? Crossed fingers for ya.... Perhaps you should ask about their new G10 nylon straps, too. For summer. 

Im a poor man, wouldn't buy a Roly if I could afford one though!

Size & presence is perfect even on my skinny wrist 

The latest bb58 is adorable but I have hesitations about how well it will age with the gold markers etc...

Oops indeed!

Got a black nylon with it :thumbsup:

• Like 1