• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JoT

New Model Omega Speedmaster Ultraman

It's a bit of a silly idea (particularly because Ultraman was such a terrible show), but then again the Speedmaster is known for this by now, with all those previous Snoopy editions and all. I think it is fun to have varieties on a classic, but they do make it over the top - is a Power Rangers edition next? Having said that if they did a collab with one of my favourite cheesy shows I would but it without even thinking. And I do already own one of the more unusual Speedy LE models so I am not put off by this.

Omega make more money, collectors get something that makes them feel a little more special, everybody wins. 

Sold it in 1 hour and 50 minutes I think...Nice little grab for Omega...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

See them on Ebay soon..... 

Sorry but I just dont get Omega Limited Editions other than as a pure sales drive. 

On 10/07/2018 at 16:38, JoT said:

New Model Omega Speedmaster Ultraman limited edition 2012 pieces

What a beauty this one is!

Full story on Timezone http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=7545240&rid=13806#msg_7545240

Comes with a "Beta Capsule" semi-prop replica with a built-in UV light.  Otaku-riffic!! 

ultramar1.jpg

Edited by Chromejob

Previous.

Here's another.

NICKNAMES-04.jpg?v=1495412446

"The Omega Speedmaster ‘Ultraman’ . For many years, collectors were deliberating over this special configuration, which had been spotted on the wrist of a character in the Japanese science-fiction television series, Ultraman. Ultraman was created by Eiji Tsubaraya in 1966 and the basic premise was that the superhero, named Ultraman, would protect planet earth from monsters and alien invasions week-to-week. The Ultraman Speedmaster featured in episode 8 of the series, with elements of the characters’ uniform matching the orange of the chronograph hand. The model is now officially recognised by Omega, as they were able to confirm the configuration using their archive. "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks good but I’m so fed up of this Omega LE crap. Totally cheapens the brand imo. Would I have one? Yes :0

You know straight away the fan boys will be frothing for this. Then you will have the shysters who will grab a few just to ebay straight away at a markup.

The watch is nice, but that Nato is bloody awful.  You don't spend $7,100 (£5,364) on a watch and have it turn up on a scrap of crappy webbing. I would want a top of the range matching bracelet if I was shelling out that kind of mooler...:hmmm9uh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

The watch is nice, but that Nato is bloody awful.  You don't spend $7,100 (£5,364) on a watch and have it turn up on a scrap of crappy webbing. I would want a top of the range matching bracelet if I was shelling out that kind of mooler...:hmmm9uh:

Too right Roger!! 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JoT said:

I only want it for the Beta-Capsule 

Thank you for saying that. Appealing, but you could get a prop replica for much less, probably more authentic to the show's prop. The light up silhouette on the watch is the big gag, though. 

You are right about the lack of bracelet being a bit cheeky but in fact the UK gets a pretty good deal on these vs the ROW. List is £4750 which includes the VAT (which in fact isn't liable in many other markets) so in fact here is one of the cheapest places to buy one. The difference in price between UK and markets like Europe and the US buys a bracelet...

Edited by Padders

I'm waiting for the Speedmaster "Captain Scarlet" . I can be on the Omega Spectrum.

Only Speedmaster I've ever owned.

large.IMG_8130-1000_1_kindlephoto-230881

Affectionately known as the skidmaster, quality product you see, resulting in many trips to A and E.

That stripe on the NATO is the same colour as Irn Bru, isn't it ?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Chromejob said:

Thank you for saying that. Appealing, but you could get a prop replica for much less, probably more authentic to the show's prop. The light up silhouette on the watch is the big gag, though. 

:whistle:

• Like 1

I tried but was out of the office, the Omega website took a battering and I missed out getting my name down even though I was offered a number. The site crashed every time I clicked confirm :( I'll just have to wait a bit longer for my first Speedmaster.

• Sad 1

On 10/07/2018 at 16:38, JoT said:

New Model Omega Speedmaster Ultraman limited edition 2012 pieces

What a beauty this one is!

Full story on Timezone http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=7545240&rid=13806#msg_7545240

ultramar3.jpg

Watchfinder & Co. have a nice video of this. I overlooked, or forgot, that the second register hand is a little Beta Capsule. Kewl! 

On 15/07/2018 at 06:32, Roger the Dodger said:

As per the video above, it comes with a nice, color complementary leather strap. I know, not a bracelet, but....

Edited by Chromejob