• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Doxa Owners Club

I will kick off with a Doxa Sub5000T Sea Conqueror Caribbean

The biggest and heaviest watches in the Doxa stable with a diameter of 45mm (48mm including crown), height of 15mm and a weight of 219g when sized for a 6.75 inch wrist, this makes it heavier than the T-Graph chronograph.

Rated at 5000 feet water resistance it also comes with a helium release valve the first in the new Doxa line-up and the first since 1969 on the original Sub300T.

Domed sapphire crystal which gives the dial nice depth and a modern look bracelet with a mixture of brushed an polished links, the bracelet is held together with screws rather than pins and collars as in earlier bracelets and is secured to the case with screw bars rather than spring bars.

It's impressive and there is no doubt the revived Doxa company is turning out some good watches, I have owned a number of models and although I really disliked their start-up promotion strategy their customer service in the early days both have improved significantly and they now have a UK web site and a UK number for UK based customers.

large.DSC03414.JPG.283b789146a59d89da609f4e24331242.JPG

• Like 4

I'll join in with my 50th anniversary SUB 300 :)

38311467816_d7ebc96c5d_c.jpg

And the departed 1200T Searambler

85619F9D-7F89-43E7-BDE2-1AD0D380C9BA_zps

The 1200T was the smallest Doxa did at the time but it was always just the wrong side of comfortable. Then they announced the 50th Aniversary SUB 300 and all my Doxa dreams were answered. It has the same dimensions as the original 300 but with a COSC movement and box sapphire crystal. Perfect :thumbsup:

Edited by it'salivejim
  • Like 4
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Also didn’t realise I had some photos of my Sub1500T (it’s currently at Doxa’s getting serviced)

31ab4d9c4ea1d92697ca8e503a1e9568.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Must admit I prefer having the lumed pip rather than the black dot that they now provide - what are others thoughts on this?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Just added this one to my collection.

Although it’s a 42mm case it’s short 45mm lug-to-lug means it wears a lot smaller.

It’s a lot less substantial than my Sub1500T and that, and the beads of rice strap, means it’s very easy to wear and is extremely comfortable - indeed it’s easy to forget you’re wearing it.

Bracelet was also very easy to alter.

On the downside, I would say the lume on the hands is good, on the indices it’s OK but unfortunately the lume on the bezel is hardly noticeable.

Overall I think this is a great watch to add to your collection - it has a great vintage diver vibe about it.

1aee71b47877282ca78dd495746b765a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1