• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Steve D UK

Browns Family Jewellers. Anyone used them?

Any good? I'm currently looking at a SMPc 300M at a very good price. Just did an internet search on tha watch I’m interested in and had ever heard of them before that so just trying to find out if they are as good as their online spiel suggests. They have shops but all up in Yorkshire so a bit too far for me to go.

Edited by Steve D UK

3 hours ago, Steve D UK said:

They have shops but all up in Yorkshire so a bit too far for me to go.

What, not got a reliable car then ?

• Haha 2

Thanks. Found a grey import SMPc 300M on there for £2,355.99 inc postage. Thought I’d be crafty and buy it on my wife’s Amex as she just got it today and if she spends over £2K in the first three months she gets a £100 store voucher plus two free entries into an airport lounge. They don’t take Amex! Plan b. Sign her up to a PayPal account as they take PayPal using the Amex as a payment method. All went fine until I tried to buy it and found that PayPal had set a spend limit of £2,212.79. Where they get that figure from I don’t know. Drat and double drat. 

No way to do that online and as far as I know, you can’t make a PayPal payment over the phone. Never mind, I have a plan C!  I’ve just linked the wife’s card to my PayPal account and I think I have no PayPal limit as I have had it for years. I’ve got to wait for them to make a test charge of a quid to it and then enter the code that comes with it. Then.......well, we’ll see. One annoying thing though, they gave my wife a bigger credit limit than I got! All this to nick a hundred quid off of Amex :laughing2dw:. Still, it’ll pay for one of those Omega adjustable deployant clasps.

Edited by Steve D UK

I purchased my Omega SMP from them, waited a wee bit longer but good price and service.

• Like 1

On 15/07/2018 at 07:53, Steve D UK said:
On 14/07/2018 at 07:36, Steve D UK said:

Any good? I'm currently looking at a SMPc 300M at a very good price. Just did an internet search on tha watch I’m interested in and had ever heard of them before that so just trying to find out if they are as good as their online spiel suggests. They have shops but all up in Yorkshire so a bit too far for me to go.

All good. Ordered it online yesterday at 3.00. Paid by PayPal, linked that to an Amex card. Arrived today just after 12.00. Perfect, unworn condition with full international guarantee. Just under 20% off retail price too. I’d recommend them. :thumbsup:

Edited by Steve D UK