• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Tenesmus

Citizen quartz replacement movement

Anyone know how much Citizen charge to replace a movement? A customer handed me an attractive gold wristwatch to change the battery but it appears the movement has failed, Because it has very significant sentimental value I'd like Citizen to carry out the repair but they won't provide an estimate until they receive the watch, and I want to tell the customer how much it's likely to cost first.

Thanks!

Many Citizen modules go back to Miyota. They just change the calibre reference. If available, between £10 to £20 max

@simon2 Hi, sorry I missed your post and ended up sending it to Citizen. Well, that was a waste of time as they sent it back saying they don't have the spares as it's so old and to try a watchmaker because they can use non-Citizen parts! So, back where I started. This is the movement

43222372645_e42d041fb0_o.jpg

I would like to start replacing movements but not before I've had plenty of practice on rubbish watches first. Would you be able to do this one and at what approx cost?

Many thanks.

Hi, 

Researched model for your watch wich is available.

To supply and fit £20.00 + return postage.

Hope this helps

Regards Simon.

On 16/07/2018 at 22:14, Tenesmus said:

Anyone know how much Citizen charge to replace a movement? A customer handed me an attractive gold wristwatch to change the battery but it appears the movement has failed, Because it has very significant sentimental value I'd like Citizen to carry out the repair but they won't provide an estimate until they receive the watch, and I want to tell the customer how much it's likely to cost first.

Thanks!

I'm a great fan of Simon2 can't praise him enough. Did a job for me and couldn't of been happier. He's definitely the man for the job. Many members on here will back me up, he even has his own section in watch repairs on here.  :thumbsup: