• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Citizen Quartz "Water Resist 100" Analogue - Digital Watch

Mike Ricketts

This watch was in perfect condition, with all the functions working, until I left it with a "watch-repairer" to have the battery replaced....

Since then, the Alarm / "Buzzer" has not worked, so I asked a professional watch-repairer to have a look at the watch.

I was told that the "Buzzer Control Spring" was missing - probably because the previous repairer had not replaced it (I understand that this is a fairly common problem).

The numbers on the back of the case are as follows:-

T011 - 312805 Y

GN-4-S

JAPAN > 12

I have contacted Citizen, but they are unable to help. I therefore wondered whether there was anyone out there who could tell me where to obtain the missing part, or to have the watch repaired. 

It's quite a common part to get lost, thanks to the tiny size of the little buggers, and the fact that they're often not held in place, so they tend to fall out without even noticing...  I had a load of spares, but I've just given away my last few on here, otherwise I would have been happy to send you some.

An alternative if you get stuck would be to buy a cheap joblot of used digital watches advertised as "spares/repairs" on ebay (make sure they've got alarm functions), and pinch a spring out of one of them.  I don't think there is anything special about the springs, other than being in a few different sizes, so you don't necessarily need an original Citizen part.  If you buy a joblot of mixed watches you stand a good chance of finding one with the correct size spring.

Oh, and think about changing your watch repairer, as they appear to be pretty useless (don't tell me... it wasn't Timpsons, was it....?) :tongue:

I hope that helps anyway :biggrin:

Cousins UK are showing several Citizen buzzer springs, but you would need to know the watch calibre to select tge right one. Might be worth phoning them or emailing. As Davey mentioned, its only a tiny spring, and I'm sure one will fit. 

https://www.cousinsuk.com/search?SearchTerm=Citizen+buzzer+spring

Simon2 (our resident watch repairer) might be able to help, but you don't yet have 50 posts to use the PM system.