• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Steve D UK

Anyone getting fed up with the weather.

I am. I’ve had enough. Makes you want to go to Dubai or somewhere in Egypt to keep cool. Some cooler weather and a drop of rain please. If anyone’s listening. :notworthy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just no. Don't go there. There's 10 months of wet, cold , glum , miserable rain you can look forward to. I embrace every sunny day in the uk as it's quite a rarity.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Steve D UK said:

I am. I’ve had enough. Makes you want to go to Dubai or somewhere in Egypt to keep cool. Some cooler weather and a drop of rain please. If anyone’s listening. :notworthy:

It will come but hopefully not for a while. People pay lots of money to chase the sun for their holidays - now we can have that and enjoy the beauty of parts of the UK and all without hanging around at airports for hours. :clap:

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Steve D UK said:

Pardon? Que? Must get some batteries for my hearing aid! - - although it pissed it down some last night on the way to the dancing  :whistle:

5 hours ago, richy176 said:

It will come but hopefully not for a while. People pay lots of money to chase the sun for their holidays - now we can have that and enjoy the beauty of parts of the UK and all without hanging around at airports for hours. :clap:

Yes, and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the Scottish Highlands.

43235FCC00000578-4783162-Bumper_to_bumpe

?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

6776379.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just perfect

:beach:

Mid 20's, sun is shining, shorts and t-shirts and the beer is cold. Best summer for years. 

:yes:

Still wouldnt holiday here though, everywhere popular just gouges you, queues of chavs everywhere, five quid for a pint and nearly a tenner for fish & chips. At one place last weekend they tried to charge me four quid for a can of Stella. 

:huh:

No thanks

Roll on the next bit of fun in the sun

:biggrin:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Still wouldnt holiday here though, everywhere popular just gouges you, queues of chavs everywhere, five quid for a pint and nearly a tenner for fish & chips. At one place last weekend they tried to charge me four quid for a can of Stella

Just had a week away. Would you believe that some questionable Hotels in Inverness are more expensive than decent ones on Princess Street Edinburgh. So I went to Aberdeenshire. :laughing2dw: ye ken fit like.

I want cooler weather and soon!  Roll on September and beyond, frosty mornings and layering up before going out.  :yes:

• Like 1

Think of those of us that have to work in it all day long...mind you, I love the heat...can't be hot enough for me. Another month and I'm off to Portugal where it's even hotter. Get in!

:beach:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, scottswatches said:

I don't think our ceiling fan has been switched off for three weeks.  Anyone got a solar panel we can borrow?

Even our punkha wallah is on double duty at the moment...it's costing a fortune in extra cups of rice as overtime payments....:angry:

Been lovely here in Norfolk. Very hot and sunny almost every day for two months, with no rain. It does mean that it's slightly dried out of course, but it's a belter of a summer. 

Thank the Lord for the invention of air conditioning. :) 

The 'grass' outside our office building is somewhat on the dry side though...

eK2xnHGh.jpg

It's going to muller it down on Friday, a months rain in a day.

I need to raise the drum kit off my cellar floor in case it floods!

I'm British, and therefore reserve the right (nay, it's my DUTY) to moan about all and any weather conditions. :yes: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can hear rumbles of thunder, awaiting lighting now.  Hooray!  :yahoo:. Lots of lovely heavy rain too!  

Edited by themysterybidder

On 24/07/2018 at 21:20, themysterybidder said:

I want cooler weather and soon!  Roll on September and beyond, frosty mornings and layering up before going out.  :yes:

Yes I agree. The first frosty evening and morning. We should have winter sunshine temperatures all year round. Just right.

• Like 1

I hope it cools down a bit. I went for a wander down town, frightening, all sexes with too little on. Primark don't make their XXL, XXL enough. :laughing2dw:

• Haha 2

I knew it. No sooner had my dog’s cooler coat arrived and I put it on the sun went in, the wind got up, thunder, lightning and pissing down! 

normal_11112E0E-9419-48DC-8BF2-ED3B5118F

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Steve D UK said:

I knew it. No sooner had my dog’s cooler coat arrived and I put it on the sun went in, the wind got up, thunder, lightning and pissing down! 

normal_11112E0E-9419-48DC-8BF2-ED3B5118F

Adorable!  :cool: