• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Migzy

New in La Rochelle hand winding chronograph

On my hunt for a vintage chronograph I had decided that an automatic was going to cost too much at the moment.  I had thought about a new 'vintage style' meca-quartz but it didn't sit quite right with me so I turned my attention to a hand winders. 

So after setting up lots of searches on eBay this popped up and I pulled the trigger.

A La Rochelle hand winding chronograph from the 60's (I think)

xZOlbYW.jpg

u1XfQUv.jpg

fAz94fB.jpg

GD5iYc1.jpg

I've never heard of the brand, nor can I find anything about them online. All I know is that it has quite a basic Swiss made Lapanouse movement that was used in Cimier watches that look almost identical.  

I seems to perfectly and is keeping good time. It came with a really cheap fake leather strap so have put it on this nato for now. I'm going to get a nice leather rally strap but not sure whether to go brown or black.

I know it's nothing special and was probably inexpensive when it was first made but I think it's pretty cool and will satisfy my urges for now. Plus the seller accepted an offer way below the asking price :biggrin:

If anyone knows anything else about it please let me know.

• Like 3

nice looking chrono , and i think the strap compliments it nicely. Sorry not seen the brand before but these vintage chronos have quite a following , would be a black leather strap for me. 

Cool, :thumbsup: mmm sorry don’t know anything about this make either. Perhaps @Always"watching" May be of help as he is the resident guru on manufacturers etc. 

Oh and brown leather strap for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awesome little watch, lovely dial layout, and looks to be in great condition too!

I vote for a black rally strap...

I love these simple hand winding movements, they are always so dependable. I used to have quite a few vintage chronos but sold the lot because I just didn't wear them, I hope that doesn't happen to you. I assume one of the subdials is the watch second hand and the other is the minute timer function of the chronograph, correct?

That's a nice looking vintage chronograph you have got yourself there, black would be my choice for strap colour, even a perlon maybe. :thumbsup:

What a little beauty. Migzy.:)

I have done some preliminary research on the brand name, "La Rochelle," without success, I'm afraid. I found one reference to a La Rochelle watch - listed as having a Swiss movement but a Hong Kong made case. As for your chronograph, it dates to about the middle or perhaps later 1970s and is a real teaser. I have certain intuitions about it but would not commit them to paper without further confirming evidence.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2018 at 12:21, Always"watching" said:

What a little beauty. Migzy.:)

I have done some preliminary research on the brand name, "La Rochelle," without success, I'm afraid. I found one reference to a La Rochelle watch - listed as having a Swiss movement but a Hong Kong made case. As for your chronograph, it dates to about the middle or perhaps later 1970s and is a real teaser. I have certain intuitions about it but would not commit them to paper without further confirming evidence.

Thanks for the info :biggrin:. If you do find out anymore please let me know. 

I think I'm gonna go brown leather rally strap. I already have a rotary on black and a Seiko on blue rally straps. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Migzy said:

Got in on a brown rally strap now. Live the way it looks .

ossa4Ka.jpg

Looks good, and will be even better when it's the right way round. :thumbsup:

What is the lug width/strap width ?

• Haha 3