• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
deano1956

too many the same ?

so, I am a sucker for a white dial, lets be honest I am mainly about aesthetics with my watches :biggrin: as I am no aficionado when it comes to movements is a understatement, so am I crazy to be considering  buying theses watches ? do you find you are drawn to a certain style , type, colour etc??

buy this

NEW CHRIS WARD C65 TRIDENT CLASSIC 43mm Save £155.00 ofRP With Box & 5yr G'tee

when I have this

Owc9bT7.jpg

buy this

Image result for lamberti orologiai chrono dromo

when I have this

w9brZIX.jpg

buy this

Image result for Tudor Big-Block Ref

when I have this

JP98eeZ.jpg

deano

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Who are we to judge your taste, your style, and your proclivities?

If you like them, and are likely to stay liking them, buy them.

We all know of people with a line of Submariners of different references. I can’t tell them apart, but it’s the sort of collection which some people like. Why not? Good luck to them.

Nice watches by the way :clap:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Three hands, black dial.

large.20170813_104103_kindlephoto-315880

large.1522832412633-1727849408.jpg.9774c

large.20170325_102858_kindlephoto-166247

large.20170305_095037_kindlephoto-519519

Strangely, I actually prefer wearing the Sea-Gull. :huh:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Three hands, black dial.

glad its not just me :biggrin:

Laughing gravy thanks another one :laugh:

I know you should  buy what you like , but can one have too much of a good thing:biggrin:

deano

Must admit, I like watches with brightly coloured dials. These days, though, I've cut down on the number of yellow watches I wear....I was beginning to look a bit like Kenneth from 'Benidorm'. :laughing2dw:

Image result for kenneth from benidorm

• Haha 4

White dials are pretty cool though I personally make an effort to get variety in my collection and thus I go for a mixture of dial colours. 

• Like 1

I am all about aesthetics as well, but I am more on the Dark Side :evil9kf: (black dials).

I tried to vary my collection at one point sold a couple then felt bad about it because at the end of the day it is all about enjoying what you have and in my opinion as long as you wear it often enough to justify owning it then there's no other reason you need to buy a watch. There's no point getting variation just for the sake of variety. 

I am still experimenting with styles and with what I tend to wear with what clothes and for what purposes, so I am sure I will still be doing buying and maybe a bit of selling in the future, but like I said above the only criterion I use in picking a watch is whether I wear it or not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roger said:

I too, love white dials...

This one arrived yesterday.

seik_Cal.jpg

Roger

Wow a Seiko with a date pointer, it looks absolutely fabulous! I love the font on the inner dial ring as well. They really did fit a lot into this watch didn't they, but it seems to work perfectly from an aesthetic point of view (even the tachymeter is not overdoing it). 

A great purchase for you and I will be adding it to my list of potential watches to look out for in the future!

19 hours ago, yokel said:

Who are we to judge your taste, your style, and your proclivities?

cissie-and-ada1-300x261.jpg

You can ointment for proclivities...:laugh:...but no Deano, you're not crazy, I really like white dials too (although I also like grey dials and blue ones), but not with white hands (can't read at a glance), so as much as I like the overall design on this Tudor...

19 hours ago, deano1956 said:

buy this

Image result for Tudor Big-Block Ref

...it has white hands :swoon:.  Black, dark grey or blue hands (like Roger's Seiko, or Laughing Gravy's Bulova above) are great :thumbsup:

Highly polished silver hands on anything are a real no-no for me. :thumbdown:

• Like 1

I like white/cream dials too.  Only my favourites below not all of them!  :king:

gML8NQA.pngZAooaQ0.png8ERIBzC.pngUHNh9E7.pngoqpaPQx.pngRa8YCJy.jpgKXQABdo.jpgmUEYwWz.jpgjKTm2sV.jpg?19RNFtRF.jpg

Black dials

oH8ZVhb.pngaQfRvyI.pngZgfHlem.jpg4JWZDA5.jpg?1HkM7NLK.jpgyALn6OR.jpgzAZfjTp.jpgicWr21M.pngFVOUuPr.jpgSzCUGM8.jpgteBhTl0.jpgauPIsje.jpgUpUnrIJ.jpg

Edited by themysterybidder
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Three hands, black dial.

large.20170813_104103_kindlephoto-315880

large.1522832412633-1727849408.jpg.9774c

large.20170325_102858_kindlephoto-166247

large.20170305_095037_kindlephoto-519519

Strangely, I actually prefer wearing the Sea-Gull. :huh:

Hi WRENCH..

Have you got a photo of the rest of the bike. A neighbour of mine had one when I was a kid. I haven't seen one for years. Nice watches BTW.

Regards Paul.:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, themysterybidder said:

I like white/cream dials too.  Only my favourites below not all of them!  :king:

gML8NQA.pngZAooaQ0.png8ERIBzC.pngUHNh9E7.pngoqpaPQx.pngRa8YCJy.jpgKXQABdo.jpgmUEYwWz.jpgjKTm2sV.jpg?19RNFtRF.jpg

Black dials

oH8ZVhb.pngaQfRvyI.pngZgfHlem.jpg4JWZDA5.jpg?1HkM7NLK.jpgyALn6OR.jpgzAZfjTp.jpgicWr21M.pngFVOUuPr.jpgSzCUGM8.jpgteBhTl0.jpgauPIsje.jpgUpUnrIJ.jpg

A nice collection you have there. I don't think I own a watch with a white face, I'm going to have to check now.:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RSR934 said:

Have you got a photo of the rest of the bike.

It came off a MZ ES250/2, now long gone.

o.jpg

The engine was mostly from one of these 250 ISDT bikes, which made it a bit quicker, while still being supremely odd.

_A7R2394.jpg

The bikes were much maligned, but the design was genius, let down by poor metallurgy apparently because of western sanctions at the time. The main designer was Walter Kaaden.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2012/december/de1712-the-ernst-degner-story/

3 hours ago, themysterybidder said:

Black dials

Blimey, Cass, you're worse than me...:laughing2dw::laughing2dw:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Blimey, Cass, you're worse than me...:laughing2dw::laughing2dw:

I'll do digital watches tomorrow.  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

It came off a MZ ES250/2, now long gone.

o.jpg

The engine was mostly from one of these 250 ISDT bikes, which made it a bit quicker, while still being supremely odd.

_A7R2394.jpg

The bikes were much maligned, but the design was genius, let down by poor metallurgy apparently because of western sanctions at the time. The main designer was Walter Kaaden.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2012/december/de1712-the-ernst-degner-story/

Thanks WRENCH.

The Trophy Deluxe is a bit of a quirky looking thing, I suppose quite normal back in the day. I'm guessing the rear is enclosed to keep dirt out and reduce maintenance.

Thanks, Paul.

8 minutes ago, RSR934 said:

Thanks WRENCH.

The Trophy Deluxe is a bit of a quirky looking thing, I suppose quite normal back in the day. I'm guessing the rear is enclosed to keep dirt out and reduce maintenance.

Thanks, Paul.

MZ's had the rear chain case which was excellent. The original chains were poor, and best replaced with something decent, which would easily last 30.000 miles and more. The primary drive is gear driven, and the clutch is crank mounted, instead of on the gear box, as on most motorcycles. Best utility bikes made, apart from the Honda Cub.

I had a Ruhla watch to match the DDR  theme.

1*Gbm6FVyzvYWREGBr_fXarw.jpeg

• Like 2