• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Roger

One for mach0.0013137

Just to show I do like Services.......

This was my late Fathers and to the best of my knowledge has never been worn.

Services1.jpg

Services2.jpg

Roger

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Ooooooooh¬!

You wouldn't get that away from Mach without cutting his arm off as well!. An absobloodylovely CRACKER! :toot:

What a wonderful watch to be in possession of. I can only imagine it would be a bidding match between collectors to acquire this.

My isn't that a cracking looking item? Do you possess a time capsule? 

I would think it's rather rare to find one in that condition. :thumbs_up:

Fabulous, and all for £2.75 too! Worth rather more now in that condition with its original box et al...not to mention sentimental value.

• Like 1

Fantastic!! Not only do you have the original box, but you have that delicious original label round the strap.:thumbsup:

Have you worked out what 55 shillings would be in today's currency including inflation, etc..? RTM Boy has estimated at £2.75, but I presume that doesn't take account of inflation over the years. Interesting also is what the definition of a sports watch was back then.

6 hours ago, Roger said:

Just to show I do like Services.......

This was my late Fathers and to the best of my knowledge has never been worn.

Services1.jpg

Services2.jpg

Roger

1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Mach will be drooling when he see that! drool.gif

I am, I am drool.gif.d1e58a0ecb5484c0fe53e7a97cd851e2.gif

Very nice, especially with the connection to your father, Roger :thumbs_up:

BTW, I can`t be 100% sure but I strongly suspect it was made for Services by Louis Newmark of Croydon, Surrey :biggrin:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

I am, I am drool.gif.d1e58a0ecb5484c0fe53e7a97cd851e2.gif

Very nice, especially with the connection to your father, Roger :thumbs_up:

Thanks,

It still has a sticker of sorts on the back but that is deteriorating now.

Roger

On 28/07/2018 at 17:37, Always"watching" said:

Fantastic!! Not only do you have the original box, but you have that delicious original label round the strap.:thumbsup:

Have you worked out what 55 shillings would be in today's currency including inflation, etc..? RTM Boy has estimated at £2.75, but I presume that doesn't take account of inflation over the years. Interesting also is what the definition of a sports watch was back then.

About £75 assuming it was made in the mid-fifties?

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1633409/Historic-inflation-calculator-value-money-changed-1900.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the mid 60s, Mr & Mrs Blumenthal of London went so far as to name their son after it.

Wow fifty five bob !

55 /-  =  £2.75 

According to the B of E inflation converter; bought in 1955, it would cost £68.58 in 2017.

Thats tremendous, Roger!! 

On 28/07/2018 at 17:37, Always"watching" said:

Assuming a date of 1960 then the real price (adjusted for inflation) is £60. However the income value (adjusted for a wage index) would be equivalent to spending £132 to buy the watch

• Thanks 1