• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Roodie

1970/80s red led watch Regency on red glass bracelet watch

Anyone know who made this watch and can I get the PCB repaired or replaced I shall try and up load a photo if I can regards PETE 

I need a bit more information to even begin this search including a picture and details of any other wording on the watch. "Regency" has been used as a brand name for watches from at least the early 1960s onwards by more than one outfit, and weeding out the maker/producer of your watch from the rest won't be easy.:)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fgQAXTRLAMQjfMsn9

I hope this link connects to my photo of the Regency watch I purchased in the 1970s

top r/h side is the button recalling the time / date in red

on the lower left hand side there is a recessed button used for adjustments ( from recall of my memory )

On the reverse side of the watch it states case made in Switzerland no other markings

it does have two battery screws with slots and states battery and open with an arrow showing opening direction

I believe that the pcb may be damaged by the insertion of an oversized battery

can anyone repair my watch or replace the display board any information or help would be gratefully received

Regards

Pete

• Thanks 1

Dear Roodie, I do like your watch, but I have not been able to trace it to a definite manufacturer or producer - interesting that the case was made in Switzerland, which probably meant that the watch was sold from Europe as opposed to the USA or Far East, but that clue hasn't led to any conclusive identification. I would date your watch to about the mid-1970s, say about 1973-1976, just before the advent of mass-produced cheap LCD digital watches from the Far East began to severely compromise the Swiss mechanical watch industry. LED watches were novel, but as a viable idea for wristwatches they were, by and large, to be ousted by LCD technology rather quickly - high power consumption from the battery (and perhaps reliability) being one of their problems.:)

1 hour ago, Always"watching" said:

Dear Roodie, I do like your watch, but I have not been able to trace it to a definite manufacturer or producer - interesting that the case was made in Switzerland, which probably meant that the watch was sold from Europe as opposed to the USA or Far East, but that clue hasn't led to any conclusive identification. I would date your watch to about the mid-1970s, say about 1973-1976, just before the advent of mass-produced cheap LCD digital watches from the Far East began to severely compromise the Swiss mechanical watch industry. LED watches were novel, but as a viable idea for wristwatches they were, by and large, to be ousted by LCD technology rather quickly - high power consumption from the battery (and perhaps reliability) being one of their problems.:)

the best example of LED watches being unreliable is the Sinclair Black watch, the history of those makes for interesting reading

• Like 1

Err, I did do quite a bit of work trying to find out the maker/producer of your watch, dear @Roodie:whistle:

Together with Thomasr's interesting contribution, I thought I introduced the subject of LED watches rather well. You might be surprised just how far I go sometimes to answer members' questions, and how often brand names are difficult or even impossible to pin down to individual companies.:)

Many  Thanks to the members who have replied to my earlier questions regarding my LED watch problems

I can now confirm that I have had the watch repaired by a lovely gentleman in Germany called Hannos

his  web site is called strikesandspares.eu/ and well worth a look at

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fgQAXTRLAMQjfMsn9 was the photos b4 repair

I was a little nervous at sending my watch to Germany,  Hanno informed me by email on its arrival and work takes between 5/10days and a couple of days posting back, he advised me of the fault and costs to which I agreed he then repaired the watch and posted back to me it was the following day that he raised an invoice to be paid via PayPal which I duly paid.

On receiving the watch back the bracelet and watch had been thoroughly cleaned and repaired

On pushing the button and the red lights indicating the time came on, I was taking back into the early 70's with a great smile on my face Thank you Hanno

on of my favourite watch's   again working

I would highly recommend his services a Very Grateful Pete

I shall post new photos over the next few days with those magical figures illuminated

• Like 1

Great result. Reminds me a lot of an old Benrus I had sadly due to PB fiasco I no long have any images to show as a comparison but they look incredibly similar.

Hi Roodie,

I just wanted to ask which e-mail you used to contact Hannos who repaired your LED watch

I sent my Zenith to his repair address as advertised on his website and have heard nothing from him, its been about two weeks so getting worried,

Many Thanks

Tim

On 11/09/2018 at 16:49, Roodie said:

Many  Thanks to the members who have replied to my earlier questions regarding my LED watch problems

I can now confirm that I have had the watch repaired by a lovely gentleman in Germany called Hannos

his  web site is called strikesandspares.eu/ and well worth a look at

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fgQAXTRLAMQjfMsn9 was the photos b4 repair

I was a little nervous at sending my watch to Germany,  Hanno informed me by email on its arrival and work takes between 5/10days and a couple of days posting back, he advised me of the fault and costs to which I agreed he then repaired the watch and posted back to me it was the following day that he raised an invoice to be paid via PayPal which I duly paid.

On receiving the watch back the bracelet and watch had been thoroughly cleaned and repaired

On pushing the button and the red lights indicating the time came on, I was taking back into the early 70's with a great smile on my face Thank you Hanno

on of my favourite watch's   again working

I would highly recommend his services a Very Grateful Pete

I shall post new photos over the next few days with those magical figures illuminated

That's really good news, did he say what was wrong with it and which module make it used? I am interested because there were so many module manufacturers