UK Watch Forum banner

Accurist

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Roger the Dodger 
#1 ·
I was out and about yesterday on my lunch and happened to see a very nice accurist chronograph. I had a look and was shocked at how good the quality was for a cheap watch, solid stainless steel, nice leather strap and very weighty for the price :)

I will get a pic up later but being my first accurist in years I am very impressed ass the older models I found abit flimsy and cheap feeling.

Anyone on here have an accurist?

#2 ·
Had 2 so far. A vintage one and a "modern" one. Both were of good quality.

The "modern" one was a cheap one with a chinese movement but I actually used it as reference for time keeping and adjusting. Actually kept time better than swiss quartzes.

It was pretty tough as well... :D

#5 ·
I had an Accurist. Much better than other brands at that price point. I think in general the brand suffers from "mid-price range syndrome" which is really holding it back. What I mean by that is that if you are looking to buy a watch for, say, under £200-250, then you would either go very cheap with a Sekonda or Casio, or you would go top end with Seiko or Citizen. Accurist is stuck in that middle zone. I often say that at the higher end Longines is suffering from the same problem. If you are going to buy a luxury watch you are either going to spend proper money (Tudor, JLC, Omega, Rolex, so £2500+) or just not bother, rather than buying a Longines for £1000-1500.

#6 ·
I've got & had quite a few Accurists. Taken on their own merits they are quite nice, usually Miyota movements from what I've had the back off, and they have had some really nice fairly original designs recently - don't fall into the trap of just making a "submariner", a "Speedmaster" etc, . But when they are the "luxury" end of a group with Limit, then Sekonda below there must be a fair bit of trampling on each others toes. Couple of my current favourites:

8cL35Q.jpg
8po7Vr.jpg
8Rxf8T.jpg

#8 ·
I've got & had quite a few Accurists. Taken on their own merits they are quite nice, usually Miyota movements from what I've had the back off, and they have had some really nice fairly original designs recently - don't fall into the trap of just making a "submariner", a "Speedmaster" etc, . But when they are the "luxury" end of a group with Limit, then Sekonda below there must be a fair bit of trampling on each others toes. Couple of my current favourites:

8cL35Q.jpg 8po7Vr.jpg8Rxf8T.jpg
I like that green one - nice choice of strap too :thumbsup:

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Nice solid homage to something else but keeps good time. Original strap was decent with solid links but a link too short, the one on now is temporary and is horrible quality.

FpCu5Oh.jpg
Yes I have a vaguely subby one too - bracelet I have to say is fabulous for such a cheap watch, solid end links, solid 3 piece fully articulated links and a nice quality clasp.

8yboHa.jpg

Oh and this... which is stupid. With useless subdials you can't read - I mean who thought black hands on a black dial was a good idea! and that red handed subdial is the chrono seconds so if you want to time something to the nearest 15 seconds....:

8TB2ik.jpg

I like that green one - nice choice of strap too :thumbsup:
Actually the one I wear least of those 3. Nice in theory but it's a big beast - that's a 24mm strap. It came on a bracelet which was a couple of links too short so i whipped it off and discovered the lugs are drilled really far out and low down so a normal strap looks really odd with big gaps, and a standard nylon NATO just runs straight underneath leaving the watch sliding about on top. The heavy leather NATO there is the only thing it will sit on anything like properly. Works OK on that though. I just really wanted a nice green face and that one came along when I was looking. Personal favourite is the brown strap one with the vintage lume face - design and finish on the case is just lovely when you get your hands on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.