• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Kill Bill vol1, great soundtrack, fantastic action sequences, over the top laughable bloodletting, an altogether fantastic film, the `house of blue leaves` scene is a classic!

On 23/08/2018 at 14:37, sabailand said:

Kill Bill vol1, great soundtrack, fantastic action sequences, over the top laughable bloodletting, an altogether fantastic film, the `house of blue leaves` scene is a classic!

Made me run out and buy an album...

Urami Bushi by Meiko Kaji

(Someone please post the song, I'm not good at it)

His music scores are always the best!

My choice would be Dudley Moore's. "Arthur" (again, no poster attached)

18 minutes ago, Mechanical Alarm said:

Made me run out and buy an album...

Urami Bushi by Meiko Kaji

(Someone please post the song, I'm not good at it)

His music scores are always the best!

My choice would be Dudley Moore's. "Arthur" (again, no poster attached)

Let me give it a shot...

Score!!

Edited by Mechanical Alarm

36 minutes ago, Bonzodog said:

Repo man would be my choice.

Yep. Alex Cox has made some real garbage, but this is a classic. Possibly as a result of the excellent cast/soundtrack, especially Harry Dean Stanton, and numerous classic unforgettable quotes. "John Wayne was a fag". :laughing2dw: "The hell he was".

Edited by WRENCH
  • Like 1

On 04/08/2018 at 22:32, WRENCH said:

O.k. Let's see your favourites.

I've just been tidying up my DVD collection after moving and this is still number one for me.

two_lane_blacktop.jpg

The filmimg/cinematography is superb, and the "actors actor" Warren Oats makes it. No CGI either. 

Vanishing Point is another. The late 90's remake is unwatchable.

vplinen.jpg

How often are remakes totally useless? Sometimes they just miss the whole ethos and feel of the original. Hollywood has a lot to answer for sometimes

Noj

So many good films mentioned on here, going to be a session of film watching soon based on this

oj

• Like 1

On 10/08/2018 at 09:29, it'salivejim said:

43060111165_ab7c9fc20d_b.jpg

Was a big fan of this movie in my younger days, still on of my favorites.

Okay switching to some true (obscure?) cult films:

Meet the Feebles
The Crawling Eye (aka Trachtenburg (sp?) Horror)
Night of the Demon
Kwaidan
Phantom of the Paradise
The Yakuza
Dead of Night

On 19/11/2018 at 17:14, Chromejob said:

Okay switching to some true (obscure?) cult films:

The Crawling Eye (aka Trachtenburg (sp?) Horror)

You mean "The Trollenberg Terror"?

A very effective little sci-fi/horror movie which is available from Renown Pictures in their "Vintage Chiller and Thriller" box set.  They currently have a Black Friday sale on:  Buy one Renown Box set for £20 and get another free by adding the title in the Order Notes section.  Excludes non-Renown Films box sets and also excludes the following Renown box sets: The Christmas Collection, Glimpses Volume 1, Comedy Volume 1, Renown Vintage Christmas Collection, Renown Comedy Collection VOL 1, Renown Glimpses Collection Volume 1.  Still plenty of others to choose from though :)

• Like 1

Janet Munro always gets my attention in that film, and another cult (?) favorite, The Day The Earth Caught Fire. Also: Swiss Family Robinson, Darby O'Gill & the Little People

• Like 1

The Thing , Rear Window, 12 Monkeys, Se7en, Caddyshack, Alien, Lost Boys, Goonies, Salems Lot, Donnie Darko, Zodiac, 

Time Bandits, End Of Watch, The Howling, American Werewolf, Memento, Sexy Beast, Let The Right One In, Filth, Locke, 

Cloverfield, Seven Psychopaths, Battle Royale, Brain Dead, In Bruges, The Raid, Source Code, Big Trouble In Little China, Napoleon Dynamite, Clue, Murder by Death, Death Race 2000, Equilibrium, The Fly, Frankenhooker, The frighteners, The Lord Of The Rings (original), Irreversible, John Wick, Tucker n Dale vs Evil (absolute classic), Pans Labrynth, 99% of Monty Python films, Mulholland Drive, The Taking of Pelham 123, Savages, Dark Shadows, Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow, Smokin Aces, Troll Hunter, Wolf Creek, What We Do In The Shadows, I could go on because I watch absolutely loads of films.

• Like 2

+1 for Napoleon Dynamite. @WRENCH there used to be an app which played different quotes from the film. References to throwing pig skins a quarter of a mile. 

+1 for Old boy, it's dark but a great film. @Caller.

Probably +1 for "caddy shack" and "Housewife 49", Victoria Wood had a great skill for script writing, bit niche though. 

Edited by wrenny1969