• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

O.k. Let's see your favourites.

I've just been tidying up my DVD collection after moving and this is still number one for me.

two_lane_blacktop.jpg

The filmimg/cinematography is superb, and the "actors actor" Warren Oats makes it. No CGI either. 

Vanishing Point is another. The late 90's remake is unwatchable.

vplinen.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

O.k. Let's see your favourites. I've just been tidying up my DVD collection after moving and this is still number one for me. The filmimg/cinematography is superb, and the "actors actor

So many, not sure where to start, but let's try...

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west-1968-c-era-

L-R; Henry Fonda, Claudia Cardinale, Sergio Leoni, Charles Bronson, Jason Robarts.

cera-una-volta-il-west-lg.jpg

Fabulous cinematography by Tonino Delli Colli, brilliant score by Ennio Morricone.

• Like 1

'A Clockwork Orange', adapted from the novel by Antony Burgess. I saw this this film about 4 times in the first week it came out in 1971. My nickname at my first job was 'Droog', based on the Russian slang used as everday speak in the film. (Droog, or друг  means 'friend')   Stanley Kubrick (the director) then decided to ban his own film in 1973, after several court cases where the film was blamed for inciting violence, and it wasn't available again in the UK until Kubrick died in 1999 when it was aired, uncut, on Sky Box Office in 2001. It also starred Malcolm McDowell as the films main character, Alex. It's rumoured that Kubrick chose McDowell after seeing his performance in 'If'.

Image result for a clockwork orange poster

• Like 1
On 04/08/2018 at 22:32, WRENCH said:

O.k. Let's see your favourites.

I've just been tidying up my DVD collection after moving and this is still number one for me.

two_lane_blacktop.jpg

Brilliant film, I have the DVD too.

How about American Graffiti?

I saw Vanishing Point so many times! Easy Rider as well. If, the book and If, the film, both great. I still have the book I stole from the school library :blush:! A Clockwork Orange, scary. I was too young to see it, but the local fleapit allowed anyone in. Too young equated to the wrong reaction, just wanted to hit someone when I came out! I remember at Putney Fair and the High Street, gangs of CO clones, very strange. Even stranger that I knew some of them.

It was an age of graphically violent films, which was a new phenomenon. Straw Dogs and Soldier Blue were both great films in very different ways. 

Some great foreign films, which have cult status I have, are the incomparable 'Old Boy', 'Amores Perros', 'Maria full of grace', which is divine, 'Bangkok Dangerous' and 'l'appartement'. 

oldboy-movie-poster-2003-1010478108.jpg

untitled.png

MV5_BMj_Ay_MTM0_MDA4_NV5_BMl5_Ban_Bn_Xk_

MV5_BMTY4_NDg3_Nz_Qy_MV5_BMl5_Ban_Bn_Xk_

MV5_BODBl_Mz_M2_ODkt_Mz_Q4_OS00_ZWY4_LWI

An all time  favourite is 'Sideway's'. I just felt sad they never filmed the other two books in the series. The books are laugh out loud hysterical at times, whereas the film is full of pathos. 

11180892_ori.jpg

If anyone can source a genuine copy of the full-length, unedited version of "(The Legend of) Suriyothai" at a reasonable price please let me know.  I've been hunting for this unsuccessfully for ages.

In the meantime, here's a genuine cult gem from my collection.

3207.jpg

1 hour ago, rhaythorne said:

If anyone can source a genuine copy of the full-length, unedited version of "(The Legend of) Suriyothai" at a reasonable price please let me know.  I've been hunting for this unsuccessfully for ages.

In the meantime, here's a genuine cult gem from my collection.

3207.jpg

Those T/A's have a bit of cult following as well

snap298.2.jpg

thunderbolt-and-lightfoot-CPKW10.jpg

• Like 2