• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Who Can Wear What? Watch Choice in the Military

Always"watching"

The pic of the Nomex flying gloves reminds me once again with winter here ... I have my old deerskin winter flying gloves, they’re wonderfully soft and pliant. But years ago I discarded the nylon liners (the wool cuffs were falling apart). I keep trying to buy civilian equivalents of those liners, but no luck. Seems I need to start trawling military surplus or aftermarket sites for those liners. Any suggestions would be welcome. :}

38 minutes ago, Chromejob said:

The pic of the Nomex flying gloves reminds me once again with winter here ... I have my old deerskin winter flying gloves

My old brown deer skin flight gloves are long gone but I still have the Nomex lining that I still use on the Bell 206. We were also issued a fire resistant knitted liner for winter use. Hated those. Like performing heart surgery with boxing gloves.

IMG-0001.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

When I was in the military over 20 years ago some people were issued with CWC but it was very rare and even then I recall that a lot of people bought G shock interestingly I came across something awhile back which tends to agree with what someone said above in relation to the RAF aircrew watches I can't figure out how to attach a document here so have added in the link it relates to what the British military are currently buying although the quantities don't make for exciting reading. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzqjx2t3PlpWT2Fub1N5cFpCTUE/view?usp=sharing

7 hours ago, MarkW8 said:

When I was in the military over 20 years ago some people were issued with CWC but it was very rare and even then I recall that a lot of people bought G shock interestingly I came across something awhile back which tends to agree with what someone said above in relation to the RAF aircrew watches I can't figure out how to attach a document here so have added in the link it relates to what the British military are currently buying although the quantities don't make for exciting reading. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzqjx2t3PlpWT2Fub1N5cFpCTUE/view?usp=sharing

Well I love the Seiko PX8307X1. Lovely no-nonsense aircrew watch. :yes: