• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
alexlawson

Gruen Owners Club

Apologies if there is already a topic for Gruen. Searched for it several times, but did not have any results.

I feel Gruen is an often underrated watch company in general. Particularly the Precision Swiss watches. Gruen, in my opinion, is similar in quality to older Bulova watches. Gruen also has some nice modern watches, like the Titanium Techni-Quadron.

So, if you have any Gruen watches, this would be a nice thread to post them to.:)

So, to get this thread started, here are my three Gruen wrist watches.

Gruen Precision 25J Stainless Automatic. Oddly, this is one of my favorite watches.

Gruen Precision Curvex 17J (curved movement). This Curvex is one of the nicer ones I have seen.

Gruen Swiss solid titanium Techni-Quadron 6J chronograph.

ALAAw69.jpg

25J Precision Automatic side view.

J0I3A5q.jpg

Curvex Side view.

FXNUaKd.jpg

Curvex 17J movement. 

Tj8mlE6.jpg

Titanium chronograph case back.

cZFMjkI.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Certainly not underappreciated by me, particularly the Curvex range, your's is a beaut. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the Asylum !

Thank you very much, Karrusel. :)

Awesome you have Gruen time pieces. Off hand, would you know which other Gruens you have? I find it fascinating that Gruen has such a long history and is seemingly overlooked(with exceptions of course). :)

Hi

I don't possess an actual Gruen per se, but do own several Blancpain timepieces from this period.

JB, following the great financial crash of 1929, was the principal supplier of watch movements to the likes of Gruen, Elgin & Hamilton for many years.  It was the only way the company remained afloat when others around them were failing due to lack of sales.

IMO, the above timepieces with JB movements are exceptional value for money, but values are rising year on year for early models.

:thumbsup:

Thank you again for the info, Karrusel.:yes:

The Curvex has one of the nicer looking Swiss movements I have seen in old-school dress watches. Definitely unique with the curve milled plates.

Hi, I have a gruen 70’s led watch in need of repair. Is there anybody you could recommend to take a look and fix it for me? I would really appreciate any help you can offer.