• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Wessex Watches

Introducing Wessex Watches

On 16/08/2018 at 19:17, topheronetwoo said:

Would be very cool to see what can be done! I’m having issues iploading pictures at the moment , I have a thread running currently asking for assistance. I’ll post here when I can upload images if that’s ok ?

I’ve emailed you a selection of images, hopefully there is something suitable 

Couldn't do the actual engraving until this evening, been too busy. But, this is pretty much what the Atribates Silver Unit would have looked like, but now in a watch dial. I used brass as I always do for a tester, and it's no where near finished.

20180818_233711.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, topheronetwoo said:

Still very impressive and I’m sure that there are people on here looking at this and thinking of numerous possibilities for personal projects. Very cool ! 

Thank you. Well we offer engraved components and dial making services, not just to the trade but to amateurs as well. One of the main reasons I started the dial making was because of the extortionate costs of getting one made when I used to make watches on a small scale. If any one is looking for engraving or custom dials you can pm me or contact me via our website.

• Like 2

Way too much going on there. So hard to read the time.

Do that for the strap, and maybe... but not the dial man. Maybe even just the subdial background would be a cool idea, I mean who really cares to read the seconds... But not the entire dial man.

14 hours ago, JayDeep said:

Way too much going on there. So hard to read the time.

Do that for the strap, and maybe... but not the dial man. Maybe even just the subdial background would be a cool idea, I mean who really cares to read the seconds... But not the entire dial man.

You don't state which watch apparently offends your eye's so I'll assume it's all of them. Amazing that you can tell that it's so hard to read the time from a photograph, but then I suppose you had to justify your dislike of ornate dials, with way too much going on, otherwise there'd be no point in posting. We have sold a lot of the watches with these particular dials and have yet to receive a complaint from a customer that it is hard to read the time! If and when we do get such a complaint, I'm sure we can come up with a different handset to alleviate the problem for the customer.

I like the look of these custom dials all at a reasonable price.  I am also keen on anything thats a bit unusual so will have a look at your website with a view to order.  Curious what the Islamic lion design was though, I worked over in the Middle East years ago do you have any pictures of it?

I don't know how I missed this post, I think your prices seem quite reasonable for custom dial work resulting in some unique watches. I think with the appropriate contrasting hands it would be easy enough to read. I particularly like the silver dial and contrasting blue steel hands. I would like to wish you the very best in your endeavours. And thanks for posting, please keep us updated, it makes a refreshing change from the usual forgetful Chinese tat we usually see paraded here. 

Cheers Martin :thumbsup:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZenArcade said:

I like the look of these custom dials all at a reasonable price.  I am also keen on anything thats a bit unusual so will have a look at your website with a view to order.  Curious what the Islamic lion design was though, I worked over in the Middle East years ago do you have any pictures of it?

Unfortunately, the Islamic themed lion never got off the ground, I had the artwork sent over by the prospective purchaser who then didn't want to pay a penny until the watch was finished. When visiting the website be sure to go to the testimonials page, there are several pics on there of custom watches I have done.

As an update for those interested members, although I pulled the plug on the Kickstarter project early, we still sold quite a few watches to customers who were interested on there. Since then we have outgrown the old workshop and have moved to new premises in Chippenham, Wiltshire. The new premises incorporate a customer lounge/showroom to allow customers and potential customers to visit us on an appointment basis. We are very nearly operational in the new place and will publish the address on the website in the very near future.

The website will soon be undergoing an overhaul and we are also bringing in many new designs in 2019 including some limited editions.

18 hours ago, Wessex Watches said:

The website will soon be undergoing an overhaul and we are also bringing in many new designs in 2019 including some limited editions.

Could you come bqck here and let us know when it is up?

Edited by Caller.

On 03/02/2019 at 14:59, Wessex Watches said:

Unfortunately, the Islamic themed lion never got off the ground, I had the artwork sent over by the prospective purchaser who then didn't want to pay a penny until the watch was finished. When visiting the website be sure to go to the testimonials page, there are several pics on there of custom watches I have done.

As an update for those interested members, although I pulled the plug on the Kickstarter project early, we still sold quite a few watches to customers who were interested on there. Since then we have outgrown the old workshop and have moved to new premises in Chippenham, Wiltshire. The new premises incorporate a customer lounge/showroom to allow customers and potential customers to visit us on an appointment basis. We are very nearly operational in the new place and will publish the address on the website in the very near future.

Where abouts in Chippenham? I.. uuhh.. may live there. :laugh:

Watches look incredible though. Will endeavour to swing by for a mooch one weekend when you're operational.

46 minutes ago, ry ry said:

Where abouts in Chippenham? I.. uuhh.. may live there. :laugh:

Watches look incredible though. Will endeavour to swing by for a mooch one weekend when you're operational.

Bumpers Way, no signs up yet, but it won't be long! Be nice to see you

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wessex Watches said:

Bumpers Way, no signs up yet, but it won't be long! Be nice to see you

Aaah, I know it well! Keep us posted :)

Hello again

The new website is now up and fully functional at www.wessexwatches.co.uk and has the first 11 of our many new designs

The showroom is now ready with quite a few watches on display, so if you want to make an appointment to come along to see watches and drink coffee etc, give us a call on 01249 705 918.

Cheers

Jamie

• Like 2