• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Seikotherapy

New Arrival - More Timex Content

Thanks to @Rob.B for swiftly shipping this out to me, it really is rather nice!

I’ve gone a long time without buying myself a watch while waiting for the Seaforth shipment and to be honest I was climbing the walls! I saw this in the SC unworn and still with stickers on and it caught my eye - the Timex Maritime MS-1 

Original strap

SLZe9Yy.jpg

Strap change

hgPFpwE.jpg

It’s a bit of a modern/vintage mish-mash that doesn’t look too effected with an off-white/cream dial and brightly coloured seconds hand and lume plots.

It’s deffo a case of style over substance. The steel isn’t particularly well-finished, the 60 click bezel has a plasticky feel and a lot of play, it’s only 30m WR and you can hear it before you see it.

But it’s a beatifully balanced dial, with just the right amount of colour to make it pop. The 20mm lug width and slim case give it a sporty feel and it doesn’t anywhere claim to be a diver. Any suggestions of being a tool watch are purely cosmetic, stylistic nods to ‘proper’ watches.

The sharp hands complement the clinical dial and the domed crystal continues the vintage reference point. 

All in all, a lovely little fashion watch and a welcome first Timex added to my collection :thumbsup:

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Roger said:

I really like that dial...

personally I would have it on a mesh bracelet.

Roger

There’s a first time for everything! They’ve never appealed to me but maybe I’ll give it a go.

Looked long and hard at this in the SC and was sorely tempted, but didn't buy only because it would be this or my Amphibia as my daily wearer. Very nice watch, will look great on any nato, congrats and enjoy (he says with regret for not pressing the button). 

Is there really a TIMEX UK any more? More like Timamazon or Argotime. Only a limited range sold here - - :cursed:

On 25/08/2018 at 09:17, mel said:

Is there really a TIMEX UK any more? More like Timamazon or Argotime. Only a limited range sold here - - :cursed:

Quite a good selection, albeit at full price.

https://www.timex.co.uk