UK Watch Forum banner

Help Identifying This Special Watch Please

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  JoT 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm stumped with this watch. My gf's grandmas watch. I cannot locate anything about it online, yet it seems a special purchase back then since it's 24C gold plated.

If you could ID it and perhaps give us a bit of a background? It'd be highly appreciated!

Unfortunately I cannot post any pics yet..

The watch is a:

FC First Class Gold Crown

Swiss Quartz - 24K Gold Plated -Hardness Crystal - FC2091L

Cheers!

#4 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm stumped with this watch. My gf's grandmas watch. I cannot locate anything about it online, yet it seems a special purchase back then since it's 24C gold plated.

If you could ID it and perhaps give us a bit of a background? It'd be highly appreciated!

Unfortunately I cannot post any pics yet..

The watch is a:

FC First Class Gold Crown

Swiss Quartz - 24K Gold Plated -Hardness Crystal - FC2091L

Cheers!
Hard to say without photographs, instructions are here, you will need a third party hosting site but as mentioned above plated + quartz does not imply an expensive watch with much of a background

http://xflive.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/103087-how-to-post-a-picture-on-the-forum-new-for-2016/&do=embed

#5 ·
Pictures please!

I am not sure whether "First Class Gold Crown" is a descriptor or a reference to the brand name. I have done some preliminary research but cannot find any definitive answer to your query, but if "FC2091L" is a model number then perhaps, "First Class" id the brand name. Whatever the case, we need pictures in order to start any effective search because pics will hopefully give a rough date for the watch in question.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hope this works:

https://ibb.co/bBXgnp

thank you so much!
09150360_CDB2_4528_BD1_B_3_D627239_DE2_A

CAF3_B474_02_E2_44_F2_8841_1_CBFD83_ED3_

It looks like a reasonably well made ladies watch but I haven't been able to find any reference to FC First Class watches

It's speculation but I am wondering if your girlfriend's grandmother travelled "first class" at some point in the past and this watch came as part of the package or was a memento item offered for sale? A cruise maybe?

#8 ·
I'm afraid a 10 micron gold plated ladies watch is practically worthless. I've never heard of the brand either.

Not the news that you wanted to hear, I'm sure, but true.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.