• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Roger

Another Family keeper - Ingersoll

18 hours ago, DJH584 said:

@Roger Nice looking example. Is it still working?

Yes indeed it is.....  which is more than the 2 Jeweller/repairers we used to have in this town..

Roger

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Roger said:

Yes indeed it is.....  which is more than the 2 Jeweller/repairers we used to have in this town..

Roger

That'll be because they didn't diversify into dry-cleaning and cobbling and key-cutting! :cursed:

13 minutes ago, mel said:

That'll be because they didn't diversify into dry-cleaning and cobbling and key-cutting! :cursed:

Funnily(?) enough, it was the Grim Reaper in both cases with no-one able to take on the repairing.

Roger

4 hours ago, Roger said:

Funnily(?) enough, it was the Grim Reaper in both cases with no-one able to take on the repairing.

Roger

Yes my local guy has gone although at least he managed to retire and have a few years first!

I will have to get up into the loft I am sure I have an Ingersoll pocket watch in a box somewhere

My first proper watch was an Ingersoll pocket watch and I wish I still had it, plus the original package and paperwork which gives your watch added loveliness, dear Roger.  I see that your watch was originally purchased in 1966 which, funnily enough, was about the same time as I bought mine (acquired 1966/67). I would love to know how much I had to pay when I got mine, brand new, in the mid-sixties.:)

24 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

My first proper watch was an Ingersoll pocket watch and I wish I still had it, plus the original package and paperwork which gives your watch added loveliness, dear Roger.  I see that your watch was originally purchased in 1966 which, funnily enough, was about the same time as I bought mine (acquired 1966/67). I would love to know how much I had to pay when I got mine, brand new, in the mid-sixties.:)

Sadly I dont have the receipt but from memory....£3 ish??

Roger

• Thanks 1

Just now, Always"watching" said:

Thanks @Roger, that would have taken quite a bit of my pocket money then.:laugh:

Yes, indeed...

I bought my first brand new motorcycle in 1966... Honda CB160...  £229

Roger

• Thanks 1