• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Josh Healey

Omega Constellation Question!

Hello all,

I am new to the forum so my deepest apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I've recently purchased an Omega Constellation. I've been a long time lover of this watch and finally took the plunge. I'm going to take it for a little service in the coming days, but wondered if any of you wonderful horologist types could tell me about it? I know there are so many variation's on the constellations

Thanks!

J

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

Nice one... looks like a 1990's watch at a guess.

The made these in steel,.gold or a few versions of steel and gold.

In between the links can be gold, steel or like yours which I describe as gold end caps.

In the 2000s they altered the bezel so it was no longer flat but more bulbous.  I prefered this kind as it is slim and goes under a cuff well.

@Daveyboyz Thanks For your comment!! 

I would have guessed around 90's as well but its nice to hear someone else thinking the same as me. 

It's why I was waiting to find one like this for the same reasons as yourself - I much prefer this kind of constellation because I just find it really subtle and tasteful an as you say it fits under a cuff so well. I wear a lot of suits for work too and it's just a really nice compliment to the day to day clothes I wear.

Thanks for helping flesh out my understanding :)

• Like 1

@Josh Healey Looks like a DB 396.1080 with thermo-compensated quartz calibre 1441 (date only) which Omega claimed were good for +/- 10 seconds a year

Was introduced in 1987

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JoT said:

@Josh Healey Looks like a DB 396.1080 with thermo-compensated quartz calibre 1441 (date only) which Omega claimed were good for +/- 10 seconds a year

Was introduced in 1987

Wow, thank you so much information !