UK Watch Forum banner

Nixoid and Glower Nixie watches. What do you think? Practical or Gimmicky?

Tags
clock
3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Acsii 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I do like the aesthetics of the tubes, dear @Smitty1, and how they light up, but unfortunately it seems that in order to render them in watch form it is necessary to have a large lump on your wrist. I therefore feel that they are not well-suited to incorporation into a watch. I also wonder how reliable the tubes are in daily wear on the wrist.

#4 ·
I do like the aesthetics of the tubes, dear @Smitty1, and how they light up, but unfortunately it seems that in order to render them in watch form it is necessary to have a large lump on your wrist. I therefore feel that they are not well-suited to incorporation into a watch. I also wonder how reliable the tubes are in daily wear on the wrist.
They are using ABS 3d printed material- so hopefully they come up with ways to get that lump down. That's the only thing that bothers me, is the case. I brought it up to them and they said they've been working on it.

#7 ·
Meh.

Welcome to the forum. :drinks: What's YOUR interest in this, Smitty1? Usually when a brand new user joins a/the forum and immediately posts a Kickstarter link for their inaugural post,... it's adverspamming. :thumbdown: Any relation to 1Nightwolf on Reddit? :whistling:

Please prove me wrong by posting in the Introduce yourself section with pics of your own collection, and some background about your interest in watches. :hmmm9uh:

#8 ·
I think for me it is far too chunky and a bit over the top for me but it is a nice idea. I am much more into a simple watch and simple finish. Good luck but I am going to have to pass on this one.

As this is only my second post here, I would like to introduce myself. I only started wearing watches about 2 years ago and my passion for a well made watch has grown more and more. I do some blogging and I often get sent watches to review. I am no expert but I want to learn more and get involved and that is why I am here. Nice to meet you all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.