• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
A2orry

One I hope in the post on Monday

I found a watch I've never heard of. It's the furthest away from my taste I can imagine .I think I'l go crazy waiting for it.call me mental if you like I didn't feel this much pain waiting for my seamaster O and the watch in question cost me 49 quid.

Can't wait to see this.

My guess is Digital in plastic case on gold coloured expanding bracelet.

That should fit the description of "as far away from my usual tastes as possible".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Canon Man said:

Can't wait to see this.

My guess is Digital in plastic case on gold coloured expanding bracelet.

That should fit the description of "as far away from my usual tastes as possible".

You will get the just of it not saying anymore don't want to jinks it .

Got it I'm not going to wear it much just look after it for the time being .I'l take it to work just to show my dad .My son and daughter are both out wonder what they will think.I spotted my surname on the watch and for £49 how could I not buy it.Screenshot_20180904-184313.png.1d23aebd20a5bad6d037b57b84c23938.pngScreenshot_20180831-204151.png.7a7036a9111a7c5dfc350a45d9d78428.png

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mart said:

An internet search has brought up P. Orr & Sons of ... Madras.

Interesting 

I had a search found it dates don't match up it about 100 years out.

34 minutes ago, Mart said:

An internet search has brought up P. Orr & Sons of ... Madras.

Interesting 

Bit of a coincidence the Peter orr born 1803 watch maker was Scottish. I'm a Scott.

28 minutes ago, A2orry said:

I had a search found it dates don't match up it about 100 years out.

Possibly some info on the origin of the movement.

" While Arcadia had started off producing movements, this was followed several years later by a watch line. Arcadia was in fact one of the earliest brands to sell its watches around the world, including China and South America, and it was a creative, avant-garde brand that became the flagship of the Fleurier Watch Company.

The brand sold watches until 1968, when, like so many mechanical watchcompanies, the advent of inexpensive quartz models led to its demise. "

Only a guess, but possibly a "badged" Arcadia, bearing a Jewellers /retailers name. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1