• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
PC-Magician

Calling all D Hodge Watch Owners

Beautiful!

Here's mine, it's back with Dan at the moment as ithe hand lume doesnt quite match the vintage lume on the dial, no biggy and he's more than happy to sort it.

Cabt wait to get it back, keeper for life!

IMG_20180816_180946

Edited by Jonesinamillion
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jonesinamillion said:

Beautiful!

Here's mine, it's back with Dan at the moment as ithe hand lume doesnt quite match the vintage lume on the dial, no biggy and he's more than happy to sort it.

Cabt wait to get it back, keeper for life!

IMG_20180816_180946

The personal touch is certainly a bonus.

Mine won't be going anywhere either :thumbsup:

@PC-Magician week I’m biased of course but that is a stunner! Dan knows how to craft a beautiful watch. How’s the bracelet? I saw that Dan had one on his personal watch and I was curious about the quality.

:jawdrop1:

3 minutes ago, mrzee said:

@PC-Magician week I’m biased of course but that is a stunner! Dan knows how to craft a beautiful watch. How’s the bracelet? I saw that Dan had one on his personal watch and I was curious about the quality.

RE Bracelet:

I did have a couple of issues with mine which did surprise me.

When I took the Watch out of the package and opened the bracelet a pin fell out from the deployant part of the bracelet :jawdrop1:luckily I found the pin so re-tensioned it and put it back in and can report no further issues on that part, however when it came to link adjustment I found one of the screws would not screw down as the threads were pretty much non existent:jawdrop1: but not to worry as being a tinkerer I have all sorts of spare parts for bracelets etc and had a spare screw that matched perfectly so sorted that issue also.

The issues have been reported to Dan.

I have since examined the bracelet thoroughly and found no other issues with it and have taken the precaution of thread locking the screws.

Could it be better well yes it could but it's not miles out and given that Dan spends a day refinishing these to make them feel comfortable which they do by the way then I have to forgive any shortcomings.

I am just a bit surprised these issues were not noticed while he was working on the bracelet.

So would I buy another from Dan then the answer is yes as the package as a whole is fabulous it's just the final QC needs tweaking a little.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, aball28 said:

Lovely

I need to wait a couple of weeks before Dan can make a 1018. Will be worth the wait though surely.

Indeed it will:thumbsup:

Are you having any mods done? I provided the hands myself and had some engraving done, also selected the grey bezel insert rather than the standard black.

Edited by PC-Magician

Will stick with the cathedral hands and pleased you put the pics up with the grey bezel because that is my plan too. Not sure about anything else yet,.

• Like 1