• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Davey P

Incoming - And a public thank you (again!) to carlgulliver

Just wanted to say a public thank you (again!) to @carlgulliver for another lovely Simple Watch that he generously sold me at a reduced price, after I bought one from him a few weeks ago :tongue:

I didn't "need" this one, in fact I didn't really need the other one either, but since when has this hobby been about need anyway......... :whistling:

20180906_090215

The differences between the two are mainly that this one is a bit smaller, and even more simple than the first (if that is possible! :laughing2dw:).  The case has a lovely blue anodised looking finish, with matching crown and buckle.  The strap is soft grey leather.  The dial is flat, with no date window, compared to the other one which is bevelled and has a microscopic date window.  Sizes are 38mm for the blue, and 42mm for the black, so I think there's a very good chance Ruthie will be pinching this one for her growing collection... :yes:

Anyway, here's the obligatory wrist shot:

20180906_090319

Soon to be seen on a less hairy arm I reckon............. :laughing2dw:

Cheers Carl, as always it was a pleasure to deal with you again.

• Like 2

As predicted, Ruthie has claimed this one, and to be honest it looks much better on her slender wrist than my big hairy meat hook anyway :laughing2dw:

20180909_123818

:thumbsup:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davey P said:

As predicted, Ruthie has claimed this one, and to be honest it looks much better on her slender wrist than my big hairy meat hook anyway :laughing2dw:

:thumbsup:

I'll have to try that to get the wife close with some of her flesh exposed :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, wrenny1969 said:

I'll have to try that to get the wife close with some of her flesh exposed :thumbsup:

Actually, we were both naked in this pic, but luckily the camera didn't pan back far enough to capture all the gory details... :whistle: :scared:

• Haha 4

Guys, does anyone know if Carl is well and contactable ??

I'm waiting on something from him (Leatherman Skeletool) since 24th August and his classified post has since been deleted/removed. I know he was moving house and I have PM'd him but he hasn't been online since the 24th August, therefore I do not know if the item has been posted or he hasn't got round to it yet.

Thanks in advance. 

10 hours ago, Guz said:

Guys, does anyone know if Carl is well and contactable ??

I'm waiting on something from him (Leatherman Skeletool) since 24th August and his classified post has since been deleted/removed. I know he was moving house and I have PM'd him but he hasn't been online since the 24th August, therefore I do not know if the item has been posted or he hasn't got round to it yet.

My last PM from Carl was also on 24th August, so if he's moving house I would guess he's in between internet connections, or maybe just too busy to come on here for a while.  You don't need to worry about him posting your item, I can personally vouch for him and you will receive it eventually :thumbsup:

On 11/09/2018 at 08:50, Davey P said:

My last PM from Carl was also on 24th August, so if he's moving house I would guess he's in between internet connections, or maybe just too busy to come on here for a while.  You don't need to worry about him posting your item, I can personally vouch for him and you will receive it eventually :thumbsup:

Thanks Davy, 

I’ve heard nothing and received nothing as yet. Hope he is well and in good health.

With the removal of his add and no contact at all, I’m not holding out much hope of getting what I’ve paid for. First time in ten years I’ve ever had a problem on any forum.

Edited by Guz

Update: Carl has been on the forum selling and has still not replied to my PM’s of 2018 or the PM’s that others on this thread have sent him.

I have asked him today via his sales advert to confirm if he ever posted my leatherman. I paid for this via PayPal gift as per request, I never received a tracking number or the leatherman. Via my question on his sales thread he said he had posted and never heard anything back from me, so assumed all was ok.

I PM’d last year 2018 requesting tracking number and confirmation of posted, I also contacted admin to inform of the situation.

Anyway bottom line is I have paid money to Carl in good faith and have not received a thing. I’m not saying he did not post it (he may have posted to someone else by mistake) but I am out of pocket £30, think I’ve been a member here since 2008 and have had many successful deals. This experience has is the exception to the rule.

Lesson learnt, I’ll never pay someone again via PayPal gift. 

5 hours ago, Guz said:

Update: Carl has been on the forum selling and has still not replied to my PM’s of 2018 or the PM’s that others on this thread have sent him.

I have asked him today via his sales advert to confirm if he ever posted my leatherman. I paid for this via PayPal gift as per request, I never received a tracking number or the leatherman. Via my question on his sales thread he said he had posted and never heard anything back from me, so assumed all was ok.

I PM’d last year 2018 requesting tracking number and confirmation of posted, I also contacted admin to inform of the situation.

Anyway bottom line is I have paid money to Carl in good faith and have not received a thing. I’m not saying he did not post it (he may have posted to someone else by mistake) but I am out of pocket £30, think I’ve been a member here since 2008 and have had many successful deals. This experience has is the exception to the rule.

Lesson learnt, I’ll never pay someone again via PayPal gift. 

why not @carlgulliverhim as his PM might be full.