UK Watch Forum banner

A Slight Makeover

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Noj 
#1 ·
I was setting the date on this:

420_MALKY_1.jpg

when the date wheel decided that it did not want to move. :(

So, a delve into the innards was needed.

Once I had the dial off, I thought it would be a shame not to try a different one. One thing lead to another, and this is the result.

420_MALKY_MOD_6.jpg

420_MALKY_MOD_11.jpg

420_MALKY_MOD_10.jpg

420_MALKY_MOD_13.jpg

420_MALKY_MOD_20.jpg

The second hand needs a wee nip off the end, but, overall, I like it.

Steve.

See less See more
#5 ·
That looks stunningly good, @NOTSHARP. :thumbsup:

What a great dial and I love the colour of that bezeI, especially against the similar tone of leather in the strap. I do agree with you though that the seconds hand needs a tiny bit off the tip. Well done for that creation, Steve.
Thank you for your kind comments.

The dial was an interesting exercise. It has changed somewhat from its original state.

420_MALKY_MOD_ORIGINAL_DIAL.jpg

Steve.

#15 ·
Please excuse my ignorance but how did you change the dial from the light colour to the darker colour. That dial is very atomic age isn't it? and the darker colour really makes the lines stand out. Really like what you have done, hugely inspired to have a go at modding something and it will probably be a Vostok due to the price and amount of advice and info floating about on here.

Noj

#16 ·
Please excuse my ignorance but how did you change the dial from the light colour to the darker colour. That dial is very atomic age isn't it? and the darker colour really makes the lines stand out. Really like what you have done, hugely inspired to have a go at modding something and it will probably be a Vostok due to the price and amount of advice and info floating about on here.

Noj
I spray painted the dial with black paint, then removed it from the areas where I wanted to see the original brass.

The idea was not mine, I have to say.

Steve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.