• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Delta

Sartorial Elegance

16 minutes ago, deano1956 said:

sorry to bring the tone down but my earliest recollection of design brands I bought into, not what you might call elegance , but smart I thought :biggrin:

fred perry

Single Tipped Fred Perry Shirt

levis sta press, pref two tone

531476_475514275793190_646024790_n-e1343

Harrington jacket

Image result for mod barathea jacket

and of course

Image result for mod loafers

deano

Probably the best fashion ever imho

A few years ago i got the urge to revisit my early teenage years so i bought some Fred Perrys, black and white checked Bennie, a pair of monkey boots, Como's and i already had the DM's, an Aquascutum Harrington and an imitation Crombie. 

I stopped short of wearing braces and parallels but did enjoy it for a while. 

PS the top button on my Fred Perrys were always fastened 

Edited by Turpinr
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

the top button on my Fred Perrys were always fastened 

Never fasten the bottom button on a waistcoat. :nono:

1 hour ago, Turpinr said:

I've got 2 pairs of Loakes and they are the best footwear I've ever worn and i reckon they'll last me out. 

Same here, boots and brogues, but RM. Williams are much better, and twice the price. :angry:

20 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Never fasten the bottom button on a waistcoat

Oh no I'd never do that :thumbsup: 

I've got a pair DM brogues but prefer boots these days. 

Gulp, just had a look at those boots you listed. 

Edited by Turpinr

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

...RM. Williams are much better, and twice the price. :angry:

Absolutely! I've had this pair easily well over 10 years now, yes very expensive but the quality and longevity more than makes up for the blitzed bank account!

001.JPG.48f0d1db12f6e7de0835099c045cd090.JPG

• Thanks 1

What to wear with a polo and chinos? Well if the polo is Fred Perry, a Sub 6538 on nylon strap, a la Connery in Thunderball. ;) 

Lately I've returned to my late teen choices of classics without fashion pretension. Penny loafers, plain chinos or slacks, polos in classic colors, blazers and suits. Alas, the places I'm getting affordable suits, they're mostly the Calvin Klein that fit me, and the gorges are small and high. I try to ignore that, draw attention away with a good shirt (and tie, if worn), maybe a pocket square. 

Quick someone needs to post a pic to keep us on topic. 

32 minutes ago, rubbatiti said:

Absolutely! I've had this pair easily well over 10 years now, yes very expensive but the quality and longevity more than makes up for the blitzed bank account!

001.JPG.48f0d1db12f6e7de0835099c045cd090.JPG

Where are they made? 

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

I got a Harris Tweed strap today. Sartorial or naff ?

large.20180910_190950_kindlephoto-433149

With the right watch I reckon this is a great winter Nato - I like it :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Delta said:

With the right watch I reckon this is a great winter Nato - I like it :thumbsup:

Had some others too, only 20mm  though, leather backed.

Wesyray-Ochre-Wool_SILVER_FRONT.jpg?v=15

20mm_tweed_light_grey_silver_FRONT.jpg?v

KT-TWEE20-GARVE_SILVER_FRONT.jpg?v=15353

strap_tweed_green_brushed_silver.jpg?v=1

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 22:35, Turpinr said:

I have a Black wool Aquascutum blazer and about 5 tweed jackets and half of the tweeds have elbow patches and waistcoats to match. 

A Harris tweed waistcoat?

9 minutes ago, Caller. said:

? I have several, and a Donegal tweed shirt. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Caller. said:

Sadly, none at the moment. All tweed jackets have pocket squares. 

Just remembered my dog has a harris tweed bandana. 

Edited by Turpinr
  • Like 2

Schofield do a good range of tweed watch straps.

Ah, the old 'Johnny Reggae' clothes -'with his fringe and buckle loafers and his two tones on his strides'. Yup, that was me. Plus Harrington, monkey boots and Brutus or Ben Sherman shirts. Fred Perry shirts were cheaper in those days as well. 

Then I grew my hair long.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Caller. said:

Schofield do a good range of tweed watch straps.

Ah, the old 'Johnny Reggae' clothes -'with his fringe and buckle loafers and his two tones on his strides'. Yup, that was me. Plus Harrington, monkey boots and Brutus or Ben Sherman shirts. Fred Perry shirts were cheaper in those days as well. 

Then I grew my hair long.

Johnny reggae reggae lay it on me.

I loved those fashions but my dad used to go mad when i went out with my half mast jeans and DM's. 

Then it was a feather cut and a morphing from skinhead to suedehead

I don't remember Brutus jeans or shirts being 'in' up North for skinheads 

@Turpinr I don't know about jeans, but Brutus shirts were very popular and can still be found in 'mod' shops in London. A friend of mine is really into all that stuff and still heads up that way from time to time. He's 63, lol!

They were the days when fashions were really different in various parts of the UK. I went out with a girl from 'Cov' for about a year or so and every time I went up there, it was like being in a different World. 

Edited by Caller.

1 hour ago, Caller. said:

@Turpinr I don't know about jeans, but Brutus shirts were very popular and can still be found in 'mod' shops in London. A friend of mine is really into all that stuff and still heads up that way from time to time. He's 63, lol!

They were the days when fashions were really different in various parts of the UK. I went out with a girl from 'Cov' for about a year or so and every time I went up there, it was like being in a different World. 

I remember Brutus shirts...the one to have was the black fitted one with the pleat down the back...along with Afghan coats and patchouli oil...:laughing2dw:

We thought we looked the buisness back then...:laughing2dw:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caller. said:

@Turpinr I don't know about jeans, but Brutus shirts were very popular and can still be found in 'mod' shops in London. A friend of mine is really into all that stuff and still heads up that way from time to time. He's 63, lol!

All the scouse skinheads wore Flemings jeans, the rest of us wore Skinners. 

Do you remember football jumpers being in fashion??