UK Watch Forum banner

Went to an auction

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Perlative Cernometer 
#1 ·
Never been to an auction before but popped in our local one which was having a jewelry and collectables 2 day event.

Looked through the online brochure and spotted this Invicta which caught my eye. Turned up early to have a look, boxed with paperwork all links still fitted and totally unmarked, looked unworn!

So I registered and ended up with it! Well pleased. USA made case with a Seiko movement, very heavy with bracelet links from solid.

Not heard of Invicta before but I am very impressed.

IMG_20180911_095520232.jpg

IMG_20180911_095342431.jpg

Alan

See less See more
#2 ·
Not heard of Invicta before but I am very impressed.
Always interesting to hear a fresh no preconceptions opinion on Invicta. Well known brand and the basic auto pro divers like the one you have there are actually thoroughly decent watches for the money. Unfortunately the brand gets a lot of negativity as they make some real eye wateringly ugly beasts too (take what you've got there, double the diameter, triple the thickness, put a canteen crown on and gold plate it sort of thing) and have a habit of churning out watches in the £80-£100 range which all claim RRP values about 5x what they sell for to dupe unsuspecting QVC shoppers. That aside the watch you've got there (I've got a similar quartz model) is a good 'un.

#11 ·
hey, you went to a auction for the first time and came away with something you wanted at a price you were happy to pay bonus in my book, I have yet to attend a live auction let alone buy something so good on yer.

deano

#12 ·
Blimey! Did a bit of you tubing on Invicta and yes they do make some horrors, unbelievable horrors.

As I said I had never heard of the brand but looking through at the movement which suggested the company goes back to 1837 I thought they must have some idea what their doing!

All things considered, I am still happy with my 'win'!

Alan

#17 ·
Been on a couple of cruises and they have had 'jewelry' sales and they were laid out just like your photo. Always had a look but the names never meant anything to me and as for the prices!

Must have seen the likes of Invicta - how could you miss those yellow boxes!

Anyway still very happy with mine (which has even been admired) and is currently running at just under a second a day - well pleased.

Alan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.