• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
mitadoc

Paysafecard - have you used it?

Guys, I am offerred a nice SMP Chrono , the seller is in Scotland and he asked for this payment service as pointing the benefits of checking the watch before paying with this product. Anyone used it? Can I be scammed?

Thanks in advance.

DA

9 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

Guys, I am offerred a nice SMP Chrono , the seller is in Scotland and he asked for this payment service as pointing the benefits of checking the watch before paying with this product. Anyone used it? Can I be scammed?

Thanks in advance.

DA

Have a look around t'web.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.paysafecard.com

Thank you. This is what I thought too.

Is there any courier in UK that can deliver to you the parcel and you can pay to the courier once the parcel is opened by you and you are happy with what is inside?

Cheers

Edited by mitadoc

47 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

Thank you. This is what I thought too.

Is there any courier in UK that can deliver to you the parcel and you can pay to the courier once the parcel is opened by you and you are happy with what is inside?

Cheers

Check this out or any courier who offers COD services.

https://www.dpd.com/de_en/sending_parcels/our_options/cash_on_delivery

the old addage, if in doubt, don't, springs to mind. If someone I intended to purchase from "steered" me in the direction of a payment service that appears to be a bad rash, I'd walk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mitadoc said:

Thanks in advance.

DA

If you have doubts then don't, another watch will turn up

• Thanks 2

been using Paysafecard to pay for my dodgy internet stuff for years.

go to a shop that does Paypoint, handover the cash and get a pin number

never had a problem using it

15 minutes ago, tx101 said:

been using Paysafecard to pay for my dodgy internet stuff for years.

go to a shop that does Paypoint, handover the cash and get a pin number

never had a problem using it

And what happens if the stuff doesn't appear, or isn't as advertised, or you drop off your watch for a service, and find its someone else's that's been nicked ?

In a world where even Bank and top retailer customers' private details have been hacked and nicked, I only use one digital payment method, and if I can't use that then I just leave the bargain for another buyer.

And when we buy something of great value the seller knows where it has gone to, even the address, and a fat list of watch collector's addresses is probably worth a few quid to some very nasty folks. Yuk!

:swoon: