• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Pam Chapman

Vintage Gold Rolex Sport

Hi. I have collected watches that I like for twenty years. This watch I bought some years ago at auction. It is a 32 mm case in 9ct gold and Rolex Sports on the dial with Made in Switzerland at the very bottom. My worry is that according to research there should be a number between the lugs toward the six o'clock position. None present. There is a number inscribed in Roman numerals at the seven o'clock being 18. It is marked 9 CT gold.Also I can't find a record that this particular model was made in the time period. Any news. Good or bad would be appreciated.being computer useless I can't find a way to load pics from my tabs gallery

9kt Rolex watches were often cased in England, using Denisson cases, and they may not have the case numbers between the lugs.  This was to avoid the punitive import duty on gold watches.  However you are talking about one of the most faked brands out there, so without photos it'll be hard to make any judgements

• Like 2

On 12/09/2018 at 18:50, scottswatches said:

9kt Rolex watches were often cased in England, using Denisson cases, and they may not have the case numbers between the lugs.  This was to avoid the punitive import duty on gold watches.  However you are talking about one of the most faked brands out there, so without photos it'll be hard to make any judgements

Agree with Scotswatches a majority of the 9ct Rolex has Dennison cases. In fact a lot of Swiss watches had Dennison cases. They were a very good case maker. They made pocket and wrist watches 

• Like 1

Thank you. I will put photos on when my computer literate friend visits. For info the inner case is hallmarked Chester with what looks like a 1920 letter. And is marked Stolkace British Made CAS. Thank you