• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
MrF-UK82

What do you do with your watch boxes?

I keep mine all in the loft out of the way, and if god forbid my house is burgled the clue of empty watch boxes doesn't lead to the search for the contents. 

On 15/09/2018 at 12:23, MrF-UK82 said:

Not sure if its been discussed in the past, but I would love to know what people do with all there watch boxes after purchasing a watch. 

No idea what happens to them, not my department :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, MrF-UK82 said:

Do you have shares in TW Steel mate?? :rofl:

Not yet, but I do hold quite a lot of their stock... :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We have one of those lift up storage divan beds. I've managed to negotiate about 25% of the space inside for my boxes.:laugh:

• Like 2

Mine are scattered about all over the house. I think where I unbox the watch is what room the box ends up living in. Some under the bed, someone the office and some in the coffee table drawer. I should probably get them all together but I know where they all are so why reorganise an organised mess? 

• Like 1

They do help the value if you ever want or have to resell.  

The amount of 'paired' watches and boxes on eBay is terrible.  Luckily I spotted one 1970's Tissot 'with box and papers', but the papers included tissot's website address....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, scottswatches said:

They do help the value if you ever want or have to resell.  

Just my tuppence . . .

If buying used, original box and provenance paper-trail is important (and therefore of value) to me.

(I've never bought without :tongue: )

• Like 2

I'm another with one of those clear plastic crates with a lid. I'm not a hoarder, but the boxes are too important to let go. 

• Like 1

I keep all mine in my daughters toy room.  She uses them as 'stages' for her Barbie girls. So at least one of us has a use for them :thumbs_up: