• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jmayhew

Calibre info required

Hi

I have acquired a number of Roamer mainsprings and barrels but I do not know which Roamer watches or calibre they are for.

Can anybody help ? please

Info on box reads. 1.40-010-320

barrel is 9.98 mm outside diameter x 1.93 wide outside

Thanks in advance !

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 06:38, scottswatches said:

it might not be a part number, but a rating

1.4mm 0.10 strength and 320mm long

Others may know more

what does 0.10 strength mean    vin

6 minutes ago, vinn said:

what does 0.10 strength mean    vin

I am presuming (and i'd welcome correction or confirmation) that it is a rating of the strength of the spring.  Whether that is measure in Nm i'm not sure either

21 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

I am presuming (and i'd welcome correction or confirmation) that it is a rating of the strength of the spring.  Whether that is measure in Nm i'm not sure either

I know there were different strengths,  I have an old elgin that I had a lot  of trouble getting it back into the barrel.  one watchmaker said "it is a lifetime spring".  it is so much strong ,  you can hardly wind it.  I plan to replace it with a "normal"  main spring.   vin

Not 100% but I thought the readings went height thickness length so 1.40 high .10 thick 320 long which ties in with what Scott says as the thickness is the strength. That’s what I thought but as I say not 100% sure 

5 hours ago, andyclient said:

Not 100% but I thought the readings went height thickness length so 1.40 high .10 thick 320 long which ties in with what Scott says as the thickness is the strength. That’s what I thought but as I say not 100% sure 

I think the strength of the spring will vary with the thickness.   so,  0.10 (inches?) is the third measurement, the height is also the depth of the main spring barrel,  the length has to do with the I.D. of the barrel  and the thickness.  vin 

Going by your stated sizes. that size spring is for the following calibres:

AS1506.  Bulova 4AF.  Enicar 1020.  FHF 67/71/671/2. RL 1217.

The internal barrel diameter is; 9mm. 

Hope this helps.  No MST Calibre has a mainspring of this size.