• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
christipops

Selling my collection

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and am looking to sell my watch collection to fund a Rolex Sub.

Is this the best place to advertise?

I have a mixed bag, mostly divers style, I will add a series of photos soon.

I have:Tag Heuer 1500, Jenny Sealab, Swatch Squid bubbles, Vintage Seiko chronograph, mares divers, Squale divers style... and a few more.

Any advice would be welcome.

I think you might have missed the point of this forum mate.  The sales corner on here is for active members who contribute regularly to the rest of the forum, it's not a free ebay for everyone to sell watches.  You will need 50 meaningful posts under your belt before the magical doors to that section open up, and speed posting is frowned upon (and will earn you a ban, or at the very least, a suspension).  Same with the Private Messaging system, that is enabled after you reach 50 posts as well.

If you have a genuine interest in watches, and are willing to participate in the other parts of the forum, you will soon get past the 50 posts and beyond (I am over 10,000 posts now - who knew that would ever happen? :laughing2dw:).  If your only interest is just a selling exercise to fund the Rolex, maybe this place isn't for you, in which case ebay is probably your best bet...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As Davey quite rightly points out, the sales corner is a privilege open only to commited members of the forum. It is not available to one off posters. If you wish to use the SC, join in the banter, make some meaningful posts...at least 50, then you will be able to access it. Welcome to the forum!

nice one Davey, i've just 1900 posts myself! :laugh:

Yes Chris this place is great to get to know watches and discuss them, there is more to a watch than just wearing it, welcome to the forum and i am sure you will be able to sell some bits

Best of luck if your buying a new Rolex Sub, i am on two waiting lists for Rolex watches and have been told it will be years before i can buy a GMT :tongue: