• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Entry level luxury watch

Hello friends, I want to buy my 1st luxury watch. Preferable brands are Tag heuer(formula 1 or Aquaracer) , rado(true), Breitling (colt) .. please suggest which brand is batter in terms of quality, sustainability, brand recognition , brand popularity and brand image  .. and which one is good option for my 1 st luxury(or entry level luxury or semi-luxury) watch. You can also suggest other brands with model no or series. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're over thinking it mate, they're just watches  And the subtle link to your website should be authorised by @Roy before you try to get free advertising on here.  After all, you wouldn't want t

I'd like it even more without the "fuel guage".

You might be able to stretch to an Omega Seamaster or an Auto Speedmaster if you look hard enough (I'm thinking pre-owned). A Longines HydroConquest (or Legend Diver) would also be on my list in that

You might be able to stretch to an Omega Seamaster or an Auto Speedmaster if you look hard enough (I'm thinking pre-owned). A Longines HydroConquest (or Legend Diver) would also be on my list in that price range - fine watches but not widely recognised by the average man on the street.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Siddharth If you can tell us what attracted you to those brands and what you expect to use the watch for then that might help get you some specific recommendations. For example, is it a watch to wear everyday or just for special occasions? Do you have an interest in a particular type of watch (diver, dress watch, aviation, etc)?

:)

If your budget allows I would also go with a Tudor or pre owned Omega (great value). In my opinion those2  brands are slightly superior to those you mentioned, and will probably hold their value better too. Though as I am sure you have heard a million times before...but whatever you like!

On 24/09/2018 at 13:03, Siddharth said:

please suggest which brand is batter in terms of quality, sustainability, brand recognition , brand popularity and brand image 

I don't know anything about the sustainability of any of those brands from an ecological perspective but if you're talking commercially they are all very well established and unlikely to 'go anywhere'. Recognition/popularity/image are all quite subjective - I'm certainly in no position to comment on how any of them should be rated for you.

I would place Breitling above the other two on the 'quality' ladder, but without any other info on what you're after it's pretty difficult to be any more helpful than that! As above: what do you want?

23 hours ago, Acsii said:

Breitling are great and you do not see them as much (especially in England). Other than that the two you mentioned and Omega 

Really? I see them quite often in Scotland, possibly more than any other watch.  Could just be due to their size they are easier to spot.  

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, IBM said:

Really? I see them quite often in Scotland, possibly more than any other watch.  Could just be due to their size they are easier to spot.  

I can honestly say I don't think I have seen anyone with one on in the South West. Maybe I should look a bit harder. 

20 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Breitling wearers tend to flash off their watches a lot less than Rolex or Omega wearing in my experience.... It could be down to simply being humble and having them hidden up a sleeve a lot of the time...

I used to go to a club a few years ago where the owner and his Brietling were at friendly odds with my mate and his Rolex. 

I've nowt against Brietlings, they just always look too big. 

I dont think Omega owners are anywhere near as shouty as Rolex wearers 

• Like 1

Hmm - I've never met a Tag owner who (after I have commented on their watch) couldn't wait to tell me how much they paid for it - and its usually too much. 

As alternatives to the Aquaracer I also would recommend the Longines Hydroconquest and Oris Aquis. Both beautiful watches with a good quality solid build, automatic movements and lots of brand heritage. 

The Breitling Colt is also very nice and the brand is probably more recognisable than Longines/Oris

16 hours ago, IBM said:

Maybe I just don’t get out enough, but I actually don’t know anybody who shows off their watch in a vulgar way.  Apart from the wee neds with their gold plated fashion watches that think they are American rappers 

I agree, I have never had anyone show me their watch in a vulgar or ostentatious way either, the closest I came to it was an investment banker who showed me his Rolex Sub and said "I am wearing the same watch as you" to which I replied "not quite"; I was wearing a Sea Dweller.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, JoT said:

I agree, I have never had anyone show me their watch in a vulgar or ostentatious way either, the closest I came to it was an investment banker who showed me his Rolex Sub and said "I am wearing the same watch as you" to which I replied "not quite"; I was wearing a Sea Dweller.

My mate never tires of showing me his Yachtmaster then telling me my Airking is an entry level Rolex.

• Sad 1