• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Slim2500

GOLDWYN 21 jewels ?????????

Bought some watches from a dealer friend of mine and within the watches i came across this GOLDWYN 21 jewels which to me i found interesting as it's a nice size watch i have looked through the internet with regards to the company or jewellers that may of sold or produced this watch and so far unable to find any info on the watch i have checked the movement for any markings but so far i am unable to find any hopefully someone here may know something with regards to the brand 

IMG_3419_zpsrmtqqf79.jpg

IMG_3408_zpsme2q034n.jpg

Not much use but its Swiss, see one go for 48 pounds but was one with no seconds. Sometimes the movement number is under the dial. Why will never know lol

The movement is of nice quality , the double screwed crown wheel the jewelled centre wheel the jewel covers and the rack advance and retard mechanism on the balance cock all say nice quality for me , could do with a couple of case clamps and a nice quality leather strap though imho.
I assume the crown is pulled out to the setting position in first pic and not normally like that ?

Nice piece though well done :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, stdape said:

Not much use but its Swiss, see one go for 48 pounds but was one with no seconds. Sometimes the movement number is under the dial. Why will never know lol

will be going off to the watch repairer soon so shall ask him to take a look fingers crossed thanks for the info 

4 hours ago, andyclient said:

The movement is of nice quality , the double screwed crown wheel the jewelled centre wheel the jewel covers and the rack advance and retard mechanism on the balance cock all say nice quality for me , could do with a couple of case clamps and a nice quality leather strap though imho.
I assume the crown is pulled out to the setting position in first pic and not normally like that ?

Nice piece though well done :thumbsup:

The winding crown was already pulled out of the movement when i acquired the watch just placed the crown in the movement the bad news is that the keyless work has dropped out of place hopefully should be up and running soon