• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
james brodie

Sea Urchin gets all the attention despite myriad of more expensive watches

On 07/10/2018 at 09:38, james brodie said:

Not that you wear watches to get comments......

Some would say why wear a goo/nice looking watch at all then, although i think you`re ultimately right, we do like it when we get nice comments about things we wear (watches or clothes).

Edited by sabailand

That white looks great, though it really looks too sporty 'beach bum' to wear with double cuff shirt/ cufflinks imho. Why oh why don't they make a 'hulk' green, a slightly smaller version of the very elusive Sumo? Or indeed re-issue the blue? They'd sell in droves as the size is perfect and very few wearers require a screw down crown and over 100 metres...

On 07/10/2018 at 10:10, james brodie said:

Ah! The elusive blue you bloody show-off! :)

Here's another steel and on a Pav'

6802483314_69cf62bfa8_z_d.jpg 

44352264395_bb378b984f_z_d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sabailand said:

As blue as err....a blue thing!:rolleyes:

Aah, yes...as are the minute markers on the rehaut. Sadly, for the time being, my Urchin days are over, having just sold my three. They went to fund something else which arrived earlier this week. Full write up and pics tomorrow. :blind:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, alxbly said:

@deano1956 @mcb2007 @Roger the Dodger And anyone else interested in a white Sea Urchin - there's a new limited edition Sea Urchin that's being released in Thailand-

729b94bda1803e77406a79458dcbaf44.jpg

Priced at around £300 though...

Thanks alxbly another one to find lol

looks good, and they are available too:yes:

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2018 at 07:54, alxbly said:

@deano1956 @mcb2007 @Roger the Dodger And anyone else interested in a white Sea Urchin - there's a new limited edition Sea Urchin that's being released in Thailand-

729b94bda1803e77406a79458dcbaf44.jpg

Priced at around £300 though...

Has anybody else noticed that the day marker is crooked. It's a lovely watch but that puts me off. If it turned up like that I would have to send it back. :)

41 minutes ago, Ptgrav said:

Has anybody else noticed that the day marker is crooked. It's a lovely watch but that puts me off. If it turned up like that I would have to send it back. :)

Looks like it might be about to change... I forget how the sequence works on the Urchin and how far ahead or behind midnight they change over. 

Exactly, the day date on seikos takes from about 10 o'clock until 2 to complete the entire change over. Hence when setting a watch put the time to about 6 o'clock to avoid any internal damage. 

They could sell the standard black 'Urch' for around £100 in Argos and I'm sure it would be their biggest Christmas selling watch in the catalogue. But to be so ubiquitous would no doubt extract from it's charm, so possibly just as well they wouldn't go that route

• Like 1