UK Watch Forum banner

Timefactors news on new models etc

7K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  brummie1875 
#1 ·
Had an email from Timefactors over the weekend, announcing some new models.

First up is the Smiths Military (PRS-29).

https://www.timefactors.com/prs29new.htm

prs29as-3.jpg

36mm 316L stainless steel
11.1mm thick
18mm lug width
100m WR
ETA2801-2, hacking and hand-winding
£405

Not a bad looking bit of kit.

Eddie then says

This will be followed shortly by the new Smiths Everest PRS-25 which will now also have a hi-dome sapphire crystal and a new adjustable clasp on the bracelet. I expect this to be available from 1 November 2018.
Also, a Precista PRS-45 chrono before Christmas, the Speedbird III and a Smiths PRS-40 by Q4-2018 or Q1-2019, a Smiths chrono PRS-32 by Q1-2019, and a Smiths Everest PRS-35 in 36mm by Christmas.

Sounds like busy times.

See less See more
#6 ·
The size issue is all in the mind so for me 36mm is a great size.

As to the PRS25 I believe that will also be smaller it was a tad too big considering what it was based on.
PRS 25 will be same side as the last one with a sapphire crystal and new adjustable clasp on bracelet due November 1st

PRS 35 will be a 36mm version of the above out for Christmas hopefully. :thumbsup:

#9 ·
I`ve already got a 29A which I bought a few years ago..

SmithsDSC_0011.jpg

I`m very tempted by the cream dial version :thumbs_up:

Reactions: brummie1875
#11 ·
The proto dials have been made up and to me the black dial with white subs is my preference. My only concern is the price, they have indicated it won't be cheap. If it was to go over the 1k, to me you would be better off paying a bit more and getting a speedy reduced?

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
I ordered both. Should be with me by the weekend I hope.

I find that 36mm is a marmite size. Buy a cheap watch, and it just doesn't feel right, and I've had a few. But once you have worn a couple of quality well designed pieces, you realise that 36mm is actually a fantastic size. I wear my 42mm SMP most days at work, but if I pop on a 36mm Datejust, it feels just as perfect.

Drilled lugs on these, so while on Nato, the world is your oyster. Only 100 of the white and 200 of the black being made, and as of today he already has 100 watch orders, most being the white dial air ministry.

Can't wait. Stoked!

#13 ·
I ordered both. Should be with me by the weekend I hope.

I find that 36mm is a marmite size. Buy a cheap watch, and it just doesn't feel right, and I've had a few. But once you have worn a couple of quality well designed pieces, you realise that 36mm is actually a fantastic size. I wear my 42mm SMP most days at work, but if I pop on a 36mm Datejust, it feels just as perfect.

Drilled lugs on these, so while on Nato, the world is your oyster. Only 100 of the white and 200 of the black being made, and as of today he already has 100 watch orders, most being the white dial air ministry.

Can't wait. Stoked!
Stoked is an understatement. I feel like I've won a weekend free pass to Greggs. :clap:

#14 ·
It looks like the new upgraded 41mm Everest has arrived, I suppose the price will be confirmed when the website is updated. The 36mm is to follow I believe. :yahoo:

#16 ·
In time for Christmas apparently. Looking at the pictures of the bigger sized version the 36mm should look fantastic on it's new bracelet. :clap:

Reactions: hughlle
#26 ·
What's the deal on this in terms of the Smiths brand. Is it just a "new" MG or is there anything of substance?

Reactions: WRENCH
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.