Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Timefactors news on new models etc


longplay
 Share

Recommended Posts

Had an email from Timefactors over the weekend, announcing some new models.

First up is the Smiths Military (PRS-29).

https://www.timefactors.com/prs29new.htm

prs29as-3.jpg

36mm 316L stainless steel
11.1mm thick
18mm lug width
100m WR
ETA2801-2, hacking and hand-winding
£405

Not a bad looking bit of kit.

Eddie then says

Quote

This will be followed shortly by the new Smiths Everest PRS-25 which will now also have a hi-dome sapphire crystal and a new adjustable clasp on the bracelet.   I expect this to be available from 1 November 2018.

Also, a Precista PRS-45 chrono before Christmas, the Speedbird III and a Smiths PRS-40 by Q4-2018 or Q1-2019, a Smiths chrono PRS-32 by Q1-2019, and a Smiths Everest PRS-35 in 36mm by Christmas.

Sounds like busy times.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PC-Magician said:

The size issue is all in the mind so for me 36mm is a great size.

As to the PRS25 I believe that will also be smaller it was a tad too big considering what it was based on.

PRS 25 will be same side as the last one with a sapphire crystal and new adjustable clasp on bracelet due November 1st

PRS 35 will be a 36mm version of the above out for Christmas hopefully. :thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The proto dials have been made up and to me the black dial with white subs is my preference. My only concern is the price, they have indicated it won’t be cheap. If it was to go over the 1k, to me you would be better off paying a bit more and getting a speedy reduced?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ordered both. Should be with me by the weekend I hope. 

I find that 36mm is a marmite size. Buy a cheap watch, and it just doesn't feel right, and I've had a few. But once you have worn a couple of quality well designed pieces, you realise that 36mm is actually a fantastic size. I wear my 42mm SMP most days at work, but if I pop on a 36mm Datejust, it feels just as perfect. 

Drilled lugs on these, so while on Nato, the world is your oyster. Only 100 of the white and 200 of the black being made, and as of today he already has 100 watch orders, most being the white dial air ministry. 

Can't wait. Stoked! 

Edited by hughlle
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, hughlle said:

I ordered both. Should be with me by the weekend I hope. 

I find that 36mm is a marmite size. Buy a cheap watch, and it just doesn't feel right, and I've had a few. But once you have worn a couple of quality well designed pieces, you realise that 36mm is actually a fantastic size. I wear my 42mm SMP most days at work, but if I pop on a 36mm Datejust, it feels just as perfect. 

Drilled lugs on these, so while on Nato, the world is your oyster. Only 100 of the white and 200 of the black being made, and as of today he already has 100 watch orders, most being the white dial air ministry. 

Can't wait. Stoked! 

Stoked is an understatement. I feel like I've won a weekend free pass to Greggs. :clap:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, brummie1875 said:

In time for Christmas apparently. Looking at the pictures of the bigger sized version the 36mm should look fantastic on it's new bracelet. :clap:

It's an odd one for me. I really don't get excited about a rolex explorer, yet the first photos of the Everest, pretty much the same thing, has me really looking forward to them. From the photo is also seems that it uses the same type of crystal/AR as the new 29a, which under artificial lighting makes the dial look a lovely shade of blue :) the photos Eddie uses really make it look like the dial is blue of sorts, but it's very definitely black, and artificial lighting makes some manic happen. 

Edited by hughlle
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, hughlle said:

It's an odd one for me. I really don't get excited about a rolex explorer, yet the first photos of the Everest, pretty much the same thing, has me really looking forward to them. From the photo is also seems that it uses the same type of crystal/AR as the new 29a, which under artificial lighting makes the dial look a lovely shade of blue :) the photos Eddie uses really make it look like the dial is blue of sorts, but it's very definitely black, and artificial lighting makes some manic happen. 

Just had a nosey at the latest of his photos and I think it looks stunning, I think I might be going for the 36mm personally. Loving the look of the new bracelet I never got on with the old one, (those damn fiddly double screws) :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, brummie1875 said:

Just had a nosey at the latest of his photos and I think it looks stunning, I think I might be going for the 36mm personally. Loving the look of the new bracelet I never got on with the old one, (those damn fiddly double screws) :(

I think Eddie has a hit. so unless you are 8 ft 6 and 48 stone  you will be fine for a 36mm :thumbsup:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, brummie1875 said:

Just had a nosey at the latest of his photos and I think it looks stunning, I think I might be going for the 36mm personally. Loving the look of the new bracelet I never got on with the old one, (those damn fiddly double screws) :(

Given how impressed I am with the recent 29a (other than time keeping, at £400 each I'd expect far better than +20s on one and - 20s for the other) it looks great. I'll also wait for the 36mm. Just bear in mind, the photos he uploads are very misleading. Unless under a bank if strip lighting etc, then it'll look nothing like that, just a plain black dial. When you are under strip lighting though, the new variants can look fantastic. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, hughlle said:

Given how impressed I am with the recent 29a (other than time keeping, at £400 each I'd expect far better than +20s on one and - 20s for the other) it looks great. I'll also wait for the 36mm. Just bear in mind, the photos he uploads are very misleading. Unless under a bank if strip lighting etc, then it'll look nothing like that, just a plain black dial. When you are under strip lighting though, the new variants can look fantastic. 

I can Have mine within +5 seconds a day as regards lighting it will be fine in the real world.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...