• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JosetteHenriette

Omega Genève 1975 - Girl wearing men’s watch problems

Hey guys! So I’ve recently obtained this blue dial Genève that I’ve been looking for forever and I’ve finally got it. Super happy! 

As a girl who likes wearing men’s watches...bracelets are always kinda tricky. I was left a men’s constellations from the 90s a while back and it fits just fine. There were push pins over the links that I can remove so never had a problem there. However, my Genève is massive! I’ve looked and there doesn’t seem to be any push pins on the bracelet as well so I can make it smaller? (Maybe I’m wrong...I’m kinda lost here) 

Guys what do I do? Is there anyway to make the bracelet fit my wrist? Mine ain’t that dainty and I wear guys watches all the time so it doesn’t really make sense to me. Am I missing something here? I honestly hope I’m just being retarded and there is a way to make the bracelet smaller...

J xoxo

p.s. Do men back then just have bigger wrists or something? :rofl:

7 minutes ago, JosetteHenriette said:

Hey guys! So I’ve recently obtained this blue dial Genève that I’ve been looking for forever and I’ve finally got it. Super happy! 

As a girl who likes wearing men’s watches...bracelets are always kinda tricky. I was left a men’s constellations from the 90s a while back and it fits just fine. There were push pins over the links that I can remove so never had a problem there. However, my Genève is massive! I’ve looked and there doesn’t seem to be any push pins on the bracelet as well so I can make it smaller? (Maybe I’m wrong...I’m kinda lost here) 

Guys what do I do? Is there anyway to make the bracelet fit my wrist? Mine ain’t that dainty and I wear guys watches all the time so it doesn’t really make sense to me. Am I missing something here? I honestly hope I’m just being retarded and there is a way to make the bracelet smaller...

J xoxo

p.s. Do men back then just have bigger wrists or something? :rofl:

I'm sure there will be a way to resize the bracelet , especially if it is an Omega one , a picture would be helpful , so we can see it and go from there 

It looks as if the bracelet is attached to the clasp at the maximum setting at the opposite end to the Omega logo.  Reconnecting that end higher up the clasp will shorten the bracelet, and it is held in place by a spring pin.

pQj5Vtk.jpgAs Scott says you can move the pin in the end hole along to tighten the bracelet up , be a little careful as they are spring loaded so can fly if not careful , but there plenty of room on the clasp to take up the slack