• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
longplay

Is this the Perfect Three-Watch Collection?

Sort of a SOTC. I have other watches, and will likely add others in 2019, but you could handle any scenario with just these three.

And definitely not the usual suspects.

Edited by longplay
  • Like 4

None of those would be in my collection but that is why this hobby has something for everyone and caters for all tastes - even some weird ones. :laughing2dw::laughing2dw:

• Like 2

well there seems to be a good quality selection :thumbsup:, is it the perfect for me no, no white dials, no bracelets, no bezels or chronos, so I don't think there is a definitive 3 watch collection for everyone , every one will be  individual and possibly inc more  than three pieces mine currently stands at 12 :biggrin:

deano

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

Have we had this before, must have because I took this snap. 

:laugh: :laugh:

aGrCVF.jpg

These'll do me when it's time to put my feet up in the sun. 

No hulk? or is that what takes you to the sun in the first place?

11 hours ago, longplay said:

And definitely not the usual suspects.

It's your choice, which is the important thing. :thumbsup:

Mine ?

large.20181010_110503_kindlephoto-474706.jpg.0f517d289fa413c7caa4d4883336ce8b.jpglarge.20180706_164843_kindlephoto-5594950.jpg.2ffb8c6cf5fb9e0e076086c16ffb280a.jpglarge.20180624_063835_kindlephoto-968499.jpg.144842cfb978fff37e07c16d1150b0f2.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

aGrCVF.jpg

Can we have the perfect 35 watch collection? I might be a bit happier with that :)

Noj

Exactly, not everyone's choice, but I wanted to post them to show a different take on a collection.

Having looked at a lot of other people's, many include some common themes/pieces. I don't need a chrono or a chunky diver (I do have my eye on a Squale 1521 though...), so I haven't bothered with a Speedmaster or a Submariner, or the equivalents in whatever brand takes your fancy.

I'm drawn to dressier/everyday pieces (I work in an office, not a coal mine/warzone/undersea trench, so dress watches are fine for everyday), an area that doesn't get as many column inches it seems to me (quick, someone start a microbrand). What happened to the days when the height of sophistication was how thin your watch was, not how deep it could go?

These aren't the only watches I currently own, and I plan to add to them slowly. The idea is fewer, but better -- which means fighting the urge to go after everything I like the look of, a tough job with all the eye candy just posted on this forum, nevermind elsewhere on the interwebs.

So, a couple of pieces that others might not have considered.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, r-macus said:

No hulk? or is that what takes you to the sun in the first place?

And a bit of a pension 

:whistle:

Not to mention that my ex owes me a few quid which when the time comes will be collected . 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

The Halios and the Mont blanc are too similar to be a perfect collection IMO.

One of them needs a bracelet or chronograph to balance things out, or even a diver I reckon.  

if you can only have three, go large

Top table

Although I say goodbye to the Patek today, so I have to find something to fill the vacancy.  Possible this, as the dial is a different colour, and it is auto where the others are manual and quartz

DSC_0256

But then I would need a hummer.  And a Chronograph.  And a moonphase.  And a GMT.  And a Seiko - everyone needs a Seiko.  And a Black dial of course, and a beater.  

Three watches - impossible!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, longplay said:

I don't need

Erm if that was the criteria then one watch would do, maybe the G-Shock. Horses for courses and yes a lovely trio of watches, well apart from the G which I personally don't like. I have about 80 odd in use, 12 advertising watches for next to nothing and some beaters which refuse to be beaten!

used to think a 5610 was indispensable but then I got a smart phone so no longer. best bang for buck beater but not essential. so the floor is open as to what to put in the budget slot - a quartz pick up and go is always handy so fill yer boots... I have a tag 2000 in this slot (man of a certain age and all that).

personally I would replace the chronograph with a dive watch - unsurprisingly currently my choice would be a Seiko Marine Master (or funds no object a BP FF).  if I had to keep a chrono then a sinn 356 or 358 for me. 

my third would be possibly an Omega Globe Master as a dress watch , which you lack in your trio. 

so I am 2/3 of the way there with a couple left over for work and pub crawls. currently have 7 which is about 2 or 3 too many. 

thankfully my opinion is as irrelevant as ever , and will probably be different next week.

enjoy your three - thats all that matters really. 

@niveketak And there are more than enough watches out there that I love for me to own that many, but getting to wear them all would mean very little wrist time for any of them.

@Rotundus I have the G-Shock mainly for use when I play 6-a-side, it's outdoors so we need some time-keeping and this can certainly handle it. I bought it after having an M&S ani-digi for many years, but it finally died on me (battery change didn't help and rust inside the case suggested a bigger issue).

• Like 1

On 19/10/2018 at 09:07, Daveyboyz said:

The Halios and the Mont blanc are too similar to be a perfect collection IMO.

One of them needs a bracelet or chronograph to balance things out, or even a diver I reckon.  

Well it so happens I already had a bracelet on order. Not sure it's the 'right' one, but it was on sale.

44535369135_52693591df_b.jpg

• Like 1

On 18/10/2018 at 16:26, BondandBigM said:

aGrCVF.jpg

glad to see bills still keeping you company mate, is that the argos digi they were flogging for 14 quid this summer...was a bit of a bargain actually. Did you send big m in to get it, or did you go in with the coat with the goggles and hood in disguise...:biggrin: