• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
enfuseeast

ANY INFO ON FRENCA WATCHES??

hi....am new to forum...but have found this site a good source of info whilst looking for info on various watches...(via google)...could anyone help me with any info on FRENCA ...i purchased a FRENCA watch on e bay (liked the aesthetic.... 1950s military type dial)....was listed as automatic...but when i took the back case off found it to be a buser 25/115 movement (hand wind)...i did find a pic of the same watch on google images...but was in Polish when i clicked on image...the only other i could find was a FRENCA wehrmacht watch with a black dial and the same buser 25/115 movement (mine has silver dial + sub secs dial...looks more 1950s...any info much appreciated...many thanks

there are a few registered, including Frenca Automatic

word mark   brand image   Manufacturer   Company headquarters and details 
B. Frenca   Buser Freres & Co. SA Niederdorf, Switzerland
B. Frenca Automatic   Buser Freres & Co. SA Niederdorf, Switzerland
Frenca (in the triangle) Frenca (in the triangle) Buser Freres & Co. SA Clocks, clockworks; Niederdorf, Switzerland;registered on 29.1.1927
Frenca (in rectangle with triangle) Frenca (in rectangle with triangle) Buser Freres & Co. SA Clocks, clockworks; Niederdorf, Switzerland;registered on 31.12.1945
Frenca   Walter Kocher Watches; New York, USA; registered on 28.8.1941
Frenca Automatic   Buser Freres & Co. SA Niederdorf, Switzerland; registered on 26.3.1947

But we will need to see pictures 

• Like 1

welcome to the forum,   good watch research.  I have one FRENCH MADE watch looks just like a vintage saiko with a black dial.  the French mvt., was simple, jewed and well made.    vjn

5 minutes ago, enfuseeast said:

:notworthy:thanks guys...got some pics...but not sure how to attach them to post...please bear with me

Pic posting instructions below

ok....lets try this

IMG_20181022_141957

hooray success....thanks joT...had to get flikr account but seems to have worked...sorry photo not great...will post another of movement 2 mins

IMG_20181022_142247

sorry not a great pic at all...but you get the general idea...B in triangle can just be seen at bottom of pic with 25/115 ie buser 25/115...