UK Watch Forum banner

Longines 1972 Olympic Conquest

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Nawrp 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I recently bought this Longines Conquest. It was listed as in "perfect condition". However the crystal is scratched and the case has alot of wear. I am in a quandary.Do I send it back or is it possible to polish the case and crystal and if so does the value of the watch go down, The price was quite reasonable compared to the same model sold elsewhere.

Cheers
EYmwXz6.jpg
TTBXNAU.jpg
LTrCiuB.jpg
BF4mVqr.jpg

See less See more
#2 ·
I can understand you being a bit disappointed as the watch was described as perfect , but it is a beauty and in nice condition for its age .
I would polish the crystal but leave the case , as to get some of those deep marks out of the case will result in the case shape being altered which would then reduce its value imho
You say it was reasonable by comparison to others , so I would keep it enjoy it and wear with pride , it's a cracker :thumbsup:

#4 ·
As above i'd polish the crystal a bit of brasso will do it, or if you want to be posh and proper you can get poly watch, just give the case a light wipe with cape cod to revive the stainless a bit, it will brighten it up and take some of the lesser marks out. For me its better than a mint one, its some evidence of originality.

#6 ·
Give the crystal a Polywatch massage, and the case a light cleaning then wear and enjoy a piece of history. All history has a flaw or two after 46 years (even me.). :whistle:

#8 ·
send it back could not live with that with any amount of polishing to the crystal or case ( you did ask :biggrin: ) , but that's why I have recent/ new watches , polish only the crystal to show th dial off better and if you love it is all that matters :thumbsup: .

deano

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.