• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
apm101

Monster shenanigans

So I have two monsters, a Gen 1 BM, and a Sea Monster.

Inspired by someone on the Seiko Passion Facebook group, I had a bit of a mess around.

I now present:

1) Home-made Night Monster. This is a JDM model, quite rare. Differs from this only in the dial script, and the silver crown. This is the case from the SM, with the dial and movement from the BM, and a black bezel I picked up from eBay.

44524481_10155717487411434_6121781792258

2) Hybrid of the Gen 1 case, SM dial and movement, on a Super Engineer bracelet.

k0zK60t.jpg

Quite pleased with the effects!

• Like 8

Both look excellent mate, well played that man! :notworthy:  

For the full effect, you should have posted "before" and "after" pics, so we can see how they started off.  And by "we", I mean "me", obviously :laughing2dw:

• Haha 2

Good work, tinkering is fun i brushed the case of my ss daytona when i had it and the pcl's it looked much better. The bracelet on the second one looks good. 

For Davey (and anyone else), here are some stock before photos:

51MJQAjqNeL.jpg

SRP581K1-600x600_0.jpg

I do like both of the originals, but I am very much enjoying my chimeras at the moment!

A good mod would be to get some aluminium paint in a touch up stick (see halfrauds) and dab the bezel markings with some cotton wool buds, let it dry then scratch off the bezel with your nail. It will stay in the numbers etc and look much better than the boring white. You could choose any colour you want, for example if your a Leicester fan you could do them blue and yellow. A Man U fan red and so on. Use a hair dryer to dry the paint (don't tell the wife) and remember to let the case cool or you'll burn your fingers. Again i did it with my daytona in claret and blue for Burnley. Also soaking the engineer bracelet in baby oil for 24 hours will get rid of any machining debris and make it feel much smoother and allow the links to move freely. 

Edited by Nigelp

5 hours ago, Nigelp said:

Good work, tinkering is fun i brushed the case of my ss daytona when i had it and the pcl's it looked much better. The bracelet on the second one looks good. 

What did you use to ‘brush’ it? And how good was the outcome? I am thinking about doing the same to my Daytona

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IBM said:

What did you use to ‘brush’ it? And how good was the outcome? I am thinking about doing the same to my Daytona

I didn't brush it, i dabbed it with cotton wool tightly folded and the outcome was excellent and the aluminium paint stays in. Leave it for say 15 mins and scrape off the bezel crystal etc with a thumb nail and its fine. It will stay in the indices 

btw it wasn't a rolex daytona it was a seiko 'daytona'. But the principle is the same. I did have a ceramic rolex daytona but i tended not to mess with that one!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, WRENCH said:

I thought you'd brushed a, 

maxresdefault.jpg

GPO red. :laughing2dw:

lovely in fact i did when i was 10 it was like this...then i smashed it up with a hammer i was very destructive!:(

Image result for superking ferrar daytona

• Haha 1