• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Tazmo61

Seiko Prospex "Dawn Grey" Turtle & Samurai

The very first Europe - only limited edition watches by Seiko .........and they are based on the cool "turtle" and "samurai". The "dawn grey" Seiko turtle SRPD01K1 and the Seiko samurai SRPD03K1.

https://monochrome-watches.com/seiko-prospex-dawn-grey-europe-only-limited-editions-turtle-srpd01k1-samurai-srpd03k1/

Seiko-Prospex-Dawn-Grey-Europe-Limited-E

Edited by Tazmo61
  • Like 6

Nice... Looks like they have managed to line the markers up...One of my pet hates of Seiko...

Edited by Rob.B

Jura have the Turtle in stock, I thought I liked them but on reflection I think they are a bit anaemic, if the grey had been darker it would have been a definite yes

Lets hope they do better than the blue versions released a couple of years ago...I had the Samurai 'Blue Lagoon', but it just didn't do it for me and was very quickly flipped. The handset on the turtle is way better than that huge arrow shaped hour hand they seem to be putting on the majority of ProSpex these days.

large.20170222_204040.jpg.8a9e4770db982a0e32f0b76c6f1c1405.jpg

Pretty sure you're probably correct on the first Europe Seikos, but wasn't the sky blue MarineMaster a German only model a couple of years ago? This model was only available in Germany, and worth around the £2.5 -£4K mark today.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seiko-Prospex-Marinemaster-300-SLA015-Limited-Germany-Only-Brand-New/282900604545?hash=item41de30a681:g:3wIAAOSwqSVZtCTZ:rk:30:pf:0

Image result for German issue Seiko Marine Master

I really like these. Had an email from Jura this morning and I very nearly clicked buy... 

Seeing them again now on here, has made me want one even more... god damn this forum!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Lets hope they do better than the blue versions released a couple of years ago...I had the Samurai 'Blue Lagoon', but it just didn't do it for me and was very quickly flipped. The handset on the turtle is way better than that huge arrow shaped hour hand they seem to be putting on the majority of ProSpex these days.

large.20170222_204040.jpg.8a9e4770db982a0e32f0b76c6f1c1405.jpg

I'm surprised at this, what was it about it that you didn't like. I like the look myself, but have not handled one.

11 minutes ago, r-macus said:

I'm surprised at this, what was it about it that you didn't like. I like the look myself, but have not handled one.

It just wasn't like the originals...if they'd kept the original Samurai handset, then fine, but that huge, out of proportion arrow shaped hour hand ruins it for me...sorry. :sorry:

I saw these on Jura and although they look fine I prefer my watches with a bit more stand out colour. My Seiko collection is a BM, OM, PADI Turtle and a Ninja Chrono.

Wouldn’t day no though......:yes:

Just went to order one through Jura - Sold out both models already :(

eBay sellers selling for £600+ which I definitely won't pay.

Shame as I really liked the Samurai version.

Take a look on YouTube.  If you search for Seiko Grey Dawn you should find a nice video of the pair.  Its not in English but it shows the watches nicely. 

The Samurai looks great when looking dial on, from the side it looks like a huge slab, the Turtle wins for me.  Should be here tomorrow....

4 hours ago, bdalg1 said:

The turtle is lovely....going for north of £750 on Ebay now!!! Wish i had pulled the trigger.

Not worth the money but it is very nice....

20181102-065124.jpg

• Like 1