• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Alan C

2 new arrivals from the nice people at Seiko

Picked these up from the post office this morning. Should have had them on Saturday, but the wife decided to go out when the postman was due! 

The one on the left is the dawn grey Turtle and the one in the right is the dawn grey Samurai.

They look much better than they do in the pictures, and will be going straight in the watch box when the stickers are taken off and I size them.

c9cea5b3f63e05128719e6458e589dcd.jpg

3a2934c40a1dab047d33699412eb6c81.jpg

057725e7f514206a3693d7b9696e2f7c.jpg

Edited by Alan C
Grammar
  • Like 7

Very nice think i preffer the bottom pichure the samurai but both stunning.i think after i get a nice dress watch a diver is on my wanted list only have 2 watches curretly but want a few so i have a choice.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Alan C said:

will be going straight in the watch box when the stickers are taken off and I size them.

At least one should be on your wrist. :bash:

Great buys.

• Like 1

Interesting that you chose these two watches in the same, slightly unusual, livery, dear Alan - the dawn grey colourway with partially red bezel. I have always been partial to the use of grey as a dial colour, and those watches are very nice.:)

• Like 1

Very nice! I would probably go for the Turtle myself, as I am a sucker for a crown that isn't at 3 o'clock. But both are very attractive, and good to see some grey for a change.

Interesting that you chose these two watches in the same, slightly unusual, livery, dear Alan - the dawn grey colourway with partially red bezel. I have always been partial to the use of grey as a dial colour, and those watches are very nice.

I couldn’t decide between the two, and seeing that they were selling quickly, I thought I’d get both and then make a decision between them when I could look at them properly.

Unfortunately I like them both now. So they’re staying.

The wife raided my watch box this morning and heads claimed my blue lagoon to be her daily wearer! I can’t complain realty as she hasn’t complained about me buying these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

They're both really nice watches. But my one grumble about the Samurai is that they all have 'two-tone' bezels and with the dial design, I think a single colour matching bezel would be great. I'd snap one up if they did that.

Another vote for the Turtle...I had the 'Blue Lagoon' Samurai, but couldn't get on with the big hour hand, so sold it on the SC here. If only they'd kept the original Samurai handset, I might have kept it...JMHO, you understand...

Original handset...

Image result for seiko samurai

• Like 2

Two fantastic looking watches you have got there!  You have great taste!  :yes:

21 hours ago, Alan C said:

the wife decided to go out when the postman was due! 

That is criminal, her missing two beauties like that!  :thumbsup:

Two fantastic looking watches you have got there!  You have great taste!  :yes:
That is criminal, her missing two beauties like that!  
I am quite lucky in that my wife doesnt mind...as long as she gets to spend money too

My wife and I have a deal....every time I buy a watch she gets to buy a handbag.  It’s certainly slower down my watch buying! Some of those handbags are well into 4 figures, ridiculous.

6 hours ago, IBM said:

My wife and I have a deal....every time I buy a watch she gets to buy a handbag.  It’s certainly slower down my watch buying! Some of those handbags are well into 4 figures, ridiculous.

Where is she buying them from, Hublot? :jawdrop1:

..handbags..yes I tried to buy one for my wife as a surprise, and was staggered at how much a Chanel was....
I knew they were expensive but I wasnt prepared haha!

..still...I cant really moan when I buy watches!

..handbags..yes I tried to buy one for my as a surprise, and was staggered at how much a Chanel was....

..still...I cant really moan when I buy watches!

On 31/10/2018 at 14:53, Winter12 said:

..handbags..yes I tried to buy one for my wife as a surprise, and was staggered at how much a Chanel was.... emoji50.png

..still...I cant really moan when I buy watches! emoji3.png

..handbags..yes I tried to buy one for my as a surprise, and was staggered at how much a Chanel was.... emoji50.png

..still...I cant really moan when I buy watches! emoji3.png

Haha yup exact same experience mate!! Took a crow bar to prize my jaw from the floor

2 hours ago, IBM said:

Haha yup exact same experience mate!! Took a crow bar to prize my jaw from the floor

...I have bought her one for Christmas though...so she will be happy with that (I hope!!)

..and I have treated her and her friend to a spa weekend this weekend...

...so hopefully all will be forgiven when the time comes!

But yes..those handbags...unbelievable! Makes shopping at John Lewis seem cheap!!

• Like 1