• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Creation watches

aball28

Yep ordered 2 watches from them (£600 worth), albeit from their UK website ‘citywatches’.

Getting the watch is fine, in my case they seem to send it to a UK PO Box then resend it to me so no import/tax is charged. Good quality watches, nothing dodgy at all.

Sending it back was annoying for me, because I needed to send it back to Singapore despite buying it in the UK store and paying a premium compared to buying direct. But the customer service is fairly quick at responding so no complaints there.

So my advice is go for it, but expect out of pocket cost of £10-15 if you think you need to return watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um, not being funny , but sending to a dead letter box to then resend to the customer to avoid import VAT is about as "dodgy" as it gets .... :laugh:

Absolutely agree, but at the same time being able to get a refund from a dodgy biz is better than being refused refund from a legit biz.

And back on the topic on mixed reviews, I too did some research on them before buying stuff from them. All the complaints I saw was to do with misaligned hands, and trying to get the company to work with the manufacturer to fix the problem.

From my experience, creation does honour the 30 days no quibble guarantee pretty well. So if you do get a manufacturing defect, just order another one whilst sending the one you have back (to prevent them accidentally sending the same watch back). It’s he same way you deal with Amazon orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 29/10/2018 at 19:22, Wowbagger said:

Curiously enough, I ordered from them yesterday. (A Seiko 5). The money hasn't left my account yet but I've had an email with details including the 10-14 days' delivery time.

A friend of mine on a cycle forum has used them in the past and reckons they are pretty good.

My watch arrived this morning, complete with a flat-pack watch box, a pouch, instructions and guarantee. That's rather more promptly than I expected and I don't seem to have been stung for import tax. The package states quite clearly that it originates from Singapore and that its value is 103.00SGD (Singapore dollar). It states that the goods origin is Japan, but the sticky label stated "MADE IN CHINA".

There were instructions and a guarantee card, and a reference to Authorised Seiko Dealers and Service Centers (sic). There's a certificate of guarantee that has been date stamped with 29th October. I have a feeling that it may well be losing a few seconds a day, but so far as I can see that this isn't covered by the guarantee in an automatic. Quartz watches are guaranteed to be accurate to 15 seconds a month either way.

31 minutes ago, Wowbagger said:

I have a feeling that it may well be losing a few seconds a day, but so far as I can see that this isn't covered by the guarantee in an automatic. Quartz watches are guaranteed to be accurate to 15 seconds a month either way.

Even automatic watches certified to COSC standards are only guaranteed to be within -4/+6 seconds per day although many will fall well inside that range.

• 2 years later...

I placed an order with them in the 9th July, got a confirmation that the order was shipped on the 12th July, haven’t heard anything since.

I paid the extra £6 and chose Royal Mail as the delivery option. Hoped it would have been delivered by now, have used them in the past with no problems.

• Thanks 1

I use their sister site City Watches, prices are higher but DDP, so no worries about Customs charges etc. 

Ordered my latest Orient from Singapore on the Sunday, delivered by DHL on the Wednesday. I’ve had UK deliveries take longer. 

I can’t fault them. 

Calatrava, did you use the Royal Mail delivery option? And did they send any delivery update information? I’ve been waiting almost two weeks and all I’ve had was an email to say it’s been shipped but no tracking number. Thanks

2 hours ago, Calatrava said:

Bought my Bambino from them. Couple of weeks for delivery, but in good order and as described. 

Calatrava, did you use the Royal Mail delivery option? And did they send any delivery update information? I’ve been waiting almost two weeks and all I’ve had was an email to say it’s been shipped but no tracking number. Thanks

On 22/07/2021 at 21:49, Raymond Spanks said:

Far as I can remember I just used the regular option, and no there wasn't any update info. 

47 minutes ago, Raymond Spanks said:

Thanks Calatrava, my order arrived safely yesterday. Ordered on the 9th July, dispatched on the 12th July and delivered on the 23rd July. Definitely recommend Creation Watches. Great price and service. 

I've often looked at their site, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost for customs ?

At check out I paid extra for a box and extra for Royal Mail shipping and didn’t pay any customs, import or VAT. I have heard some people say that they used the free DHL option and weren’t charged any addition charges and some say they were. 

I’ve always used the Royal Mail option and never been charged any extra. 

• Thanks 1