• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hi I am new....2 new watches arrived today..

Winter12

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, and have been reading all the posts and this looks like the place for me...I got into watches.last year, but I have recently found myself drawn to all things Seiko.

I have today received two brand new additions; Grand Seiko Watch Quartz GMT Heritage Limited Edition SBGN007G

And a Seiko Presage Watch 2018 Limited Edition SJE073J1.

Both are amazing! However I dont seem to be able to attach any pictures from my phone..anyone able to help?

In addition I was wondering what draws/drew you all to Seiko watches?

Hi, and welcome to the forum! You will find a lot of Seiko enthusiasts here, myself included. I prefer to search out the more unusual or scarce models.
Yes there seems to be loads of models available.
When you say 'unusual' is it just they were limited editions? Or didnt sell well? Or were just not right at the time?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Winter12 said:

Yes there seems to be loads of models available.
When you say 'unusual' is it just they were limited editions? Or didnt sell well? Or were just not right at the time?

Some are just not seen very often, (for sale, that is) such as the 'Spork', the 'Sawtooths', and the 'Caesar' for instance, and I also like some of the 7T32 models...(see yesterday and today's WRUW threads)

large.20170730_140544.jpg.3dd176ffb4d7654a9453ecb026058582.jpglarge.20180929_091115.jpg.c6f274c19ec40f0d32bab4e1b3cbf868.jpglarge.20181013_105359.jpg.ec3058d3eafe5700cb54a44c1c21d9b0.jpg

[mention=55427]Winter12[/mention] Both very nice but especially like the green dial on the GS - gold star to show it is the higher accuracy quartz of +/- 5 seconds per year. Is it just the 24 hour hand that can be adjusted without stopping the watch or the main hands as well?
The green is really nice...just a bit different with the texture too.
As for the hands 24 question..thats something I will get back to you on; manual is huge and I darent open it back up until my 5 year old son is safely asleep in bed (I dare not risk him trying to grab it!) [emoji3]

Some are just not seen very often, (for sale, that is) such as the 'Spork', the 'Sawtooths', and the 'Caesar' for instance, and I also like some of the 7T32 models...(see yesterday and today's WRUW threads)
large.20170730_140544.jpg.3dd176ffb4d7654a9453ecb026058582.jpglarge.20180929_091115.jpg.c6f274c19ec40f0d32bab4e1b3cbf868.jpglarge.20181013_105359.jpg.ec3058d3eafe5700cb54a44c1c21d9b0.jpg
Ah I see...makes sense! The pics are great too..I especially like the watch with the blue face (I am a sucker for deep colours and anything with a texture)...

3 minutes ago, Winter12 said:

...I especially like the watch with the blue face (I am a sucker for deep colours and anything with a texture.

That's the 'Blue Wave' Sawtooth, the name comes from the bezel teeth which look like a circular saw blade...it's the hardest of the 4 colourways to find. It looks pretty cool in the sun...

large.20180701_081522.jpg.c1aed00732719a12bd032da897fabad0.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Winter12 said:

As for the hands 24 question..thats something I will get back to you on; manual is huge

The manual is probably is a dozen or so languages so the English section may only be a few pages. I believe it is the main hour hand  that can be adjusted without stopping the watch and you have to move that through two rotations to change the date rather than having a quick change.

That's the 'Blue Wave' Sawtooth, the name comes from the bezel teeth which look like a circular saw blade...it's the hardest of the 4 colourways to find. It looks pretty cool in the sun...
large.20180701_081522.jpg.c1aed00732719a12bd032da897fabad0.jpg
That is good actually and looks great in the sun! Is there one particular watch by seiko you would love to own (if you had infinite funds)?

The manual is probably is a dozen or so languages so the English section may only be a few pages. I believe it is the main hour hand  that can be adjusted without stopping the watch and you have to move that through two rotations to change the date rather than having a quick change.
You are right..it is just section of it in english. Its just not like the other seiko manuals (ie the pictures are a decent size and nicely spaced out) [emoji16]
I will look tomorrow and see how easy it is to use...

Welcome to the forum, Tapatalk app may be of help to you if you add The Watch Forum into it.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

..thanks for the help [emoji3] never heard of tapatalk before. It works well!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Winter12 said:

Thats really rather nice...looks not too bulky either. Where do you look for such watches? Ebay?

Either the bay, or the sales corner here, but you won't be able to see that until you reach 50 posts. The  genuine 'Bullheads'  are from the late 60's, early 70's.

Either the bay, or the sales corner here, but you won't be able to see that until you reach 50 posts. The  genuine 'Bullheads'  are from the late 60's, early 70's.
Ah I look forward to reaching 50 posts! How much do the bullheads go for? Ive seen seiko stuff go from £10 to £10,000!

56 minutes ago, Winter12 said:

Ah I look forward to reaching 50 posts! How much do the bullheads go for? Ive seen seiko stuff go from £10 to £10,000!

Be looking to spend the equivalent of at least £500 for a nice one...be assured, there are plenty of fakes and 'Frankens' out there. Citizen also made a series of 'Bullheads', (the name deriving from the chrono buttons on either side of the crown at twelve, resembling bulls horns) but these are even more faked, or re-dialled.