• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Grail Watches

bdalg1

I have an ever increasing collection and my 'grail' watch changes regularly......I guess currently it would be a Rolex Explorer II orange hands or a JLC Memovox tribute to deep sea ....but as I said it changes!! 

I would be very interested to see what other grail watches people have......maybe mine will change again!!Image result for jaeger lecoultre memovox tribute to deep sea

• Like 3

Obviously, something is missing in my life. I've never really understood the concept of a "grail" watch.

I suppose it ought to be "one watch to rule them all", but I don't think I would want to wear just one watch.

I can think of some lovely watches I can't really afford  --  but, I probably wouldn't dare to actually wear them.

I suppose the nearest I would get is the fascinating quest to get a watch I really like, but normally can't afford, for a price I can afford. That's the only way I'm ever going to own a Lange, but current target might be something from just across the tracks . . . . .

So many over the years - the last version of the seamaster (black) is one. The white snoopy LE is right up there and should the lottery or ERNIE ever deliver, it would be this, which I have actually had on the wrist - the MB&F Legacy machine:

LM1-Final-Edition-Front-preview.jpg

But coming back closer to reality, albeit, still at a huge stretch, I just love this new Breitling that I would absolutely love to own, Can't wait to see it when they arrive over here.

07-32.jpg

• Like 7

I understand the concept of a ‘grail watch’ (hate that term), but just don’t think I am the kind of person to ever be content. 

In saying that one of me dream watches (just now) is an A Lange & Sohne Tourbillon.  Don’t think you get much better 

• Like 1

Orange hand explorer 2......then I sold it. Jaeger le coultre master compressor geographic......then I sold it. Rolex Stainless gmt2.......then i sold it. Bimetal Gmt2.....still got it but very wary of wearing it in case I get mugged. My grail now is a Patek world time in rose gold.......will never be able to afford one so it will probably always be my grail watch. 

Edited by chas g
  • Like 1

Ps still got my Franck Muller conquistador in 10ct white gold...............a grail that I wouldn't sell. Absolutely love it but service cost of £1300 bit hard to swallow. I don't wear it much and keeping perfect time so will get it serviced next year.

20 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Sadly these 2 are not for sale...

Giovanni de' Dondi's 'Astrarium'

LcBKaMm.jpg

George Daniels 35th Anniversary Wristwatch, a collaboration between George & his protege Roger Smith.

68UQexx.jpg

Currently seeking a mint...

eIx1eGV.jpg

Must be complete with box & papers! :yes:

Oh dear i love that George Daniels watch. You seem to like the same watches as me. I phoned goldsmiths............Tomorrow is nearly Xmas isn't it. 

Just now, WRENCH said:

You can do so many things with time, except stop it.

Don't we all know it! And the most unforgiving manipulator of time is Mother Nature herself. As a fully qualified Pro. Horticulturalist (gardener :laughing2dw:) I have to work to limits. Something a boss who doesn't 'get it' finds to his cost. When he pulls me away to do a 're-furb' on a property that lasts a couple of weeks, he forgets that I've just missed the planting period for his borders and that the summer display will suffer.....Oh well...you can't tell 'em....money is more important it seems......

I don't have a grail. I think that anything expensive enough to be considered a grail would be something I would never really wear for fear of damage etc. I prefer to have a selection of great watches with no overall favourite.  But fair play to those who have one and work their way towards it. :thumbsup: